Even though I'm generally not in a rush on the weekend, I still find that I am challenged in what to make the kids. I recently tried something that have received rave reviews from the kids with these scrumptious Frozen Blueberry Breakfast Bars. They are a definite crowd pleaser in our family.
Weekend Breakfast Idea Frozen Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Using Yoplait® Greek blueberry yogurt (or really any yogurt flavors), these bars include five grams of protein per serving that are a super tasty way to get you through these fall mornings. They also now offer delicious flavors that are easy portable snack and breakfast options like Pineapple, Coconut, Tangerine, Strawberry Raspberry or Vanilla. We love these thick and creamy strained Greek varieties that are packed with protein and real fruit.
Frozen Blueberry Breakfast Bar Recipe
Get your yogurt and granola in a frozen bar that you can "grab and go" for breakfast or for a snack any time of day.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Start to Finish: 3 Hr 25 Min
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
- 2 1/2 cups Cascadian Farm organic oats & honey granola
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 containers (5.3 oz each) Yoplait Greek blueberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Cascadian Farm organic oats & honey granola, coarsely crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups granola and the melted butter. Firmly press in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Freeze about 5 minutes or until cold.
- Spoon yogurt over crust; gently spread to cover. Sprinkle with blueberries and crushed granola. Freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. To make bars, cut into 5 rows by 2 rows. Wrap each bar tightly in plastic wrap. Store in freezer.
- 1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 100mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g); Protein 5g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
Try any Greek yogurt flavors in this bar in place of the blueberry.
These bars can be stored tightly wrapped in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
MORE FOOD FEATURES FOR YOUR FAMILY FROM MOMTRENDS
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples