March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, right?
Welcome to a confusing month! The weather is going to be all over the map here on the east coast, but that's okay--if it means spring is approaching! Yes, the official countdown is on, and we're ready for longer, sunnier days!
But first... rain! We've may have some serious showers on the forecast here in the metropolitan area, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this time! We have a few ideas for making the most of this wet and wild lion-like month!
Four Ways to Make the Most of a March Rain Day
- Get the Right Gear: Who says you have to stay indoors during a soggy weekend? We love going outside in our rain gear, jumping in puddles, and embracing the messy, muddy fun! We love JoulesUSA rain gear -- check it out here.
- Hit the Museum: No cabin fever here! We refuse to stay home when it's not-so nice out! In fact, we love hitting our local children's museum, library, or even mall! We make the fun! Here are our favorite NYC museums for kids.
- Take a Break for Ice Cream: Who says you need sunshine and heat for a good ole swirl of soft serve? We've been getting a head start on ice-cream season! When we need trick ourselves into believe it's a nice day outside, we go for a frozen treat. It us feeling those summer vibes in no time!
- Movie Camp Out: When the wind is howling and the rain is pouring, we get out all blankets, make some popcorn, bake some cookies and have a movie marathon. Nothing beats some family cuddles on a blustery March night... don't worry though, spring is coming! Don't forget the s'mores.
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
4. Movie Camp Out: When the wind is howling and the rain is pouring, we get out all blankets, make some popcorn, bake some cookies and have a movie marathon. Nothing beats some family cuddles on a blustery March night... don't worry though, spring is coming!
More Kid-Centric Fun from Momtrends
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
This is not a sponsored post.