March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, right?
Welcome to a confusing month! The weather is going to be all over the map here on the east coast, but that's okay--if it means spring is approaching! Yes, the official countdown is on, and we're ready for longer, sunnier days!
But first... rain! We've may have some serious showers on the forecast here in the metropolitan area, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this time! We have a few ideas for making the most of this wet and wild lion-like month!
Four Ways to Make the Most of a March Rain Day
- Get the Right Gear: Who says you have to stay indoors during a soggy weekend? We love going outside in our rain gear, jumping in puddles, and embracing the messy, muddy fun! We love JoulesUSA rain gear -- check it out here.
- Hit the Museum: No cabin fever here! We refuse to stay home when it's not-so nice out! In fact, we love hitting our local children's museum, library, or even mall! We make the fun! Here are our favorite NYC museums for kids.
- Take a Break for Ice Cream: Who says you need sunshine and heat for a good ole swirl of soft serve? We've been getting a head start on ice-cream season! When we need trick ourselves into believe it's a nice day outside, we go for a frozen treat. It us feeling those summer vibes in no time!
- Movie Camp Out: When the wind is howling and the rain is pouring, we get out all blankets, make some popcorn, bake some cookies and have a movie marathon. Nothing beats some family cuddles on a blustery March night... don't worry though, spring is coming! Don't forget the s'mores.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
4. Movie Camp Out: When the wind is howling and the rain is pouring, we get out all blankets, make some popcorn, bake some cookies and have a movie marathon. Nothing beats some family cuddles on a blustery March night... don't worry though, spring is coming!
More Kid-Centric Fun from Momtrends
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
This is not a sponsored post.