March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, right?
Welcome to a confusing month! The weather is going to be all over the map here on the east coast, but that's okay--if it means spring is approaching! Yes, the official countdown is on, and we're ready for longer, sunnier days!
But first... rain! We've may have some serious showers on the forecast here in the metropolitan area, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this time! We have a few ideas for making the most of this wet and wild lion-like month!
Four Ways to Make the Most of a March Rain Day
- Get the Right Gear: Who says you have to stay indoors during a soggy weekend? We love going outside in our rain gear, jumping in puddles, and embracing the messy, muddy fun! We love JoulesUSA rain gear -- check it out here.
- Hit the Museum: No cabin fever here! We refuse to stay home when it's not-so nice out! In fact, we love hitting our local children's museum, library, or even mall! We make the fun! Here are our favorite NYC museums for kids.
- Take a Break for Ice Cream: Who says you need sunshine and heat for a good ole swirl of soft serve? We've been getting a head start on ice-cream season! When we need trick ourselves into believe it's a nice day outside, we go for a frozen treat. It us feeling those summer vibes in no time!
- Movie Camp Out: When the wind is howling and the rain is pouring, we get out all blankets, make some popcorn, bake some cookies and have a movie marathon. Nothing beats some family cuddles on a blustery March night... don't worry though, spring is coming! Don't forget the s'mores.
Snow Day Essentials: The Best Sleds, Tubes, and Toys
We got a lot of snow in these parts last week. School was canceled on Thursday and Friday, and we ended up having an unexpected four-day winter-wonderland weekend. Related: Winter safety guidelines for sledding It's our first January in our home, and this winter has already ...read more
4 Ways to Up Your Ugly-Sweater Game
Holiday pajamas are my jam... But there's another piece of comfy-cozy Christmas clothing that I'm slightly obsessed with—and that's the ugly sweater. In the past few years, this hideously festive holiday tradition has become downright trendy. The sillier, the wackier, the ...read more
Holiday Tea & Cookie Decorating Party
The holiday season is about spending time with family and friends. We've come up with ideas for a sweet holiday tea and cookie decorating party. It's a perfect kid-friendly way to ring in the season. We're providing the crafts, menu and decor ideas for a seamless party. Related: ...read more
4. Movie Camp Out: When the wind is howling and the rain is pouring, we get out all blankets, make some popcorn, bake some cookies and have a movie marathon. Nothing beats some family cuddles on a blustery March night... don't worry though, spring is coming!
More Kid-Centric Fun from Momtrends
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
This is not a sponsored post.