Frozen has struck the hearts of so many families, and ours is no exception. My daughters were obsessed with the first movie and even as teens/tweens were all too happy to go see Frozen 2. Since kids around the country are fascinated with Anna and Elsa, Disney has whipped up a first-ever Frozen virtual playdate. It will be hosted online by Ayesha Curry and will feature a day’s worth of activities for fans of all ages. Bonus: The event will feature the global debut of the trailer for the Disney+ Original Short “Once Upon a Snowman.”
Related: How to make Olaf pancakes
During the Digital Event
Fans are invited to dress up and tune-in on October 18 for an afternoon of exclusive content, digital adventures and reveals of new toys, books, apparel and games inspired by Frozen 2. Beginning today, fans can visit www.disney.com/FrozenFanFest to view the full schedule of events, downloadable activities, test their Frozen knowledge and more.
Hosted by chef, two-time New York Times best-selling author, entrepreneur, television host and producer, Ayesha Curry, the Frozen Virtual Playdate will feature an exciting schedule of fun activities for the whole family to enjoy. On October 18, the Frozen Virtual Playdate will be available for one day only, starting at 9AM PST.
The Playdate line-up
- Choreographed dance lesson
- An American Sign Language tutorial of “Show Yourself”
- Learn how to draw Olaf with Trent Correy and Dan Abraham, the directors of “Once Upon a Snowman.”
- Showcase of new apparel, fashion accessories, bedding, toys, costumes and more from Hasbro, Jakks Pacific, H&M, Hanna Andersson, Party City, Franco Manufacturing, shopDisney.com and the LEGO Group.
- Guest appearances will include social influencers and Frozen fans, as well as stars from Frozen: the hit Broadway Musical North American Tour.
- Radio Disney’s Cameron McLeod and Jason Maybaum from Disney Channel’s Raven’s Home.
Hostess Ayesha Curry
“I’m thrilled to join in on all of the Frozen Fan Fest fun as the host of the first-ever Frozen Virtual Playdate,” said Ayesha Curry. “We are big fans of Frozen 2 in our home, and I love that the film celebrates the importance of family, which is something that’s deeply important to me. I’m overjoyed to be a part of an event that offers families a fun a way to spend quality time together, all while enjoying the magic of Arendelle in their homes.”
Frozen Fan Fest
Can you believe it's been one year since the global phenomenon of Disney’s “Frozen 2!” We saw it in a theater and loved it (remember those days?) Frozen Fan Fest kicks off today, October 12, a “Frozen Fashion Week,” a series of short fashion shows that spotlight all-new footwear and apparel, culminating in a full fashion show on October 18. Complete with imaginative vignettes and never-before-seen styles that lean into key elements of the story and its characters, portions of the fashion show will air as a part of the Virtual Playdate on October 18.
Mark Your Calendar
Beginning today, fans can visit www.disney.com/FrozenFanFest for a full schedule of events, downloadable activities and more. The Playdate will start at 9 a.m. PST on October 18 and will be available for one day only. Additional information can be found by following #FrozenFanFest.
MORE DISNEY ON MOMTRENDS
- How to make the Elsa braid from Disney Frozen
- Disney Frozen cast interviews
- Celebrating the sing-along version of Disney Frozen
Save your favorite ideas to Pinterest and be sure to follow our All Things Disney board here.
This is not a sponsored post.