My kiddos love holidays—every holiday! They don’t discriminate. So, even if we aren’t technically Irish, we still make a big deal of St. Patrick’s Day. We wear green, we chase Leprechauns, we hunt for that veritable pot of gold, and we eat ALL the corned beef and cabbage. (It’s actually my fave meal of the entire year—no, seriously.)
Of course, it goes without saying that we also do fun crafts and eat sweet treats. If it’s green it counts as a traditional St. Paddy’s Day food in my extremely unofficial book. (Ha!)
This weekend, we are going to have a blast as a family getting our Irish on! Making leprechaun traps, baking green THINGS, and drinking Guinness (well I will, at least!)
I’ve rounded up a few super-fun ways to celebrate together with cool, creative, and crafty projects and green goodies. Have a great time celebrating the Irish spirit—and don’t forget my invite for your big corned beef and cabbage supper.
Easy St. Patrick's Day Craft Ideas
1. Leprechaun Loot Treat via Mom and Munchkins. We know leprechauns love sweets, theses fun treats are perfect for a class party.
2. St. Patrick's Day Clover Necklace via The Chirping Moms. With a little help from mom, this macaroni classic is turned into a St. Patrick's treat.
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
Celebrate with Kids Around the World: Dia de Muertos
Dia de Muertos is probably Mexico's most popular holiday. Dia De Muertos is also known as Day of the Dead. So you can guess what kind of party this is... A celebration of the dead. And it falls just after Halloween. As part of our ongoing Celebrate Kids Around the World series, ...read more
Host a Frightfully Fun Halloween Party for Kids
Halloween is such a fun holiday. Full of tricks and treats and good things to eat! We love creating and hosting an annual kid-friendly Halloween party. The kids always look so adorable dressed up in their costumes and we love dressing up too! We serve up spooky snacks, craft, ...read more
3. Leprechaun Trap Hat via Momtrends. You know how quick leprechauns are, how mischievous they can be and how hard they are to trap. We've figured out a way to trip them!
4. Pot of Gold Necklace via Momtrends. Capture a leprechaun's gold in a little bottle and display it around your neck with pride. Your kiddo will love to wear this and show off how they got the best of the little Irish fellow.
5. St. Patrick's Day Sensory Activity via Etsy. This work is fantastic for refining fine motor skills and allowing creative exploration. Great for a Montessori Classroom or Home Daycare environment.
MORE ST. PATRICK'S DAY FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite crafts, menus and parties for St. Patrick's Day here on the Momtrends St. Patrick's Day Board.
This is not a sponsored post.