If you're like me, then you like to make cute and creative things to inspire wonder within your kids. I love making my kids fun food for the holidays or just as a surprise. But, I've been known to have a few Pinterest fails here and there. I like cute kid food that's actually do-able, am I right? I recently made these Cinnamon Roll Butterflies from Pillsbury which my kids thought were totally adorable.
Related: How to start cooking with kids
Cinnamon Roll Butterfly Ingredients
- 1 can Cinnabon cinnamon rolls with icing (I picked up the Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice!)
- maraschino cherries with stems
Cinnamon Roll Butterfly Directions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into rolls. Cut each roll in half crosswise. On a cookie sheet place each half of the rolls with the rounded side touching to create the butterfly shape. Slightly flatten the "butterfly".
- Bake 11 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove stem from cherries. At the top of each butterfly where the "antenna" would be make 2 small holes with a toothpick and insert 2 cherry stems into each roll.
- Spoon icing into a small plastic bag. Cut the top of the bag and pipe your icing in a design on your butterfly. Decorate with cherries. Serve warm.
We let our oldest help cut and arrange the cinnamon rolls. She was a great helper!
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
Seriously how cute are these butterfly cinnamon rolls?
How to Make Heart Bacon
My kids love bacon so as a treat sometimes I make them a piece of bacon. Heart bacon is easy to make.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and fold over to create a heart shape.
- Bake on a pan (I use a rack) for about 18-20 minutes or until crispy.
How to Make Fruit Stars
Of course we have fruit a lot with our breakfasts in the mornings. Fancy up plain fruit by using cute mini cookie cutters to make them into shapes. We use our star cookie cutter a lot. It makes cute little bit sized pieces.
MORE FOOD FEATURES FOR YOUR FAMILY FROM MOMTRENDS
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.