Get ready to Netflix--we've got our Christmas Movie List. One of the best things about the holiday season is sitting on the couch with the family and watching Christmas movies.
Besides the original classics such as The Bishop's Wife (ah, Cary Grant) White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life there are movies that I would call "new classics" that should be added to your viewing list.
Modern Classics Christmas Movie Round Up
- Christmas Vacation: We think comedy has its place at Christmas. In my family, every Christmas Eve we pop in Christmas Vacation and prepare to giggle. Everyone we know has a crazy relative (or two) making this movie something you can relate to in one way for another.
- Elf: Another one that has made it's out way into our hearts, is Elf. Not only does a very tall, very silly Will Ferrell do a great job but it has a great message at the end and really bring everyone together. Bob Newhart's cameo also warms our heart.
- The Santa Clause: The Santa ClausE (the original) starring Tim Allen has made the list as well. Appealing to a variety of ages, this movie has stood the test of time. Once again, it has a great message through out all the movies.
- Love Actually: When it comes to rom-com you can't beat Love Actually. This 2003 film has so many A-list actors in it I can't even name them all. But let's start and end with Hugh Grant.
- Klaus: This new animated movie came out in from 2019. It was Netflix's first animated film and was written and directed by Sergio Pablos. Klaus is a twist on the Santa story with dreamy visuals and unexpected twists.
- Little Women: Greta Gerwig's 2019 remake of the classic is tied with the 1994 one. I adore the latest version with the strong feminist sentiment, but Christian Bale is forever my Teddy Lawrence.
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
And of course you can't have Christmas without Charlie Brown. This 1965 Charles M. Shultz classic is a can't miss--even if your kids are grown. It's bound to be a white Christmas with this classic!
Whether it's a tear-jerker or a good laugh, with our list you'll definitely find what you are looking for this holiday. Happy viewing everyone!
MORE HOLIDAYS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Write the perfect letter to Santa.
- Make a DIY Grinch Ornament
- 4 Holiday Gift Wrapping Hacks
- Free Holiday Hang Tag Printables
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.