Filling a fun Easter basket offered similar challenges to filling a Christmas stocking. We want to look beyond the candy aisle and fill baskets with fun, unique toys, games and books. We put together this fun Easter Basket Shopping Guide to share and inspire non-traditional filler ideas.
Easter Doesn't Have to Involve Candy
Today we've rounded up some fun toys and games to encourage outdoor fun and play. Easter doesn't have to mean sugar, it can also be a time for toys. Here are six of our favorite ideas for things to play with at Easter.
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Parmesan and Prosciutto Toast
Nashville star Kimberly Williams-Paisley may play a drama queen on Nashville, but in real life she embraces moderation. Last week I sat down for a chat with Kimberly and got to nibble on dark chocolate while learning about the fine art of moderation. She shared a fall Creamy ...read more
- Egg and Spoon Race Game Set ($13). This game is great for Easter afternoon play - and beyond. It takes the traditional party game of walking with an egg into a kid-friendly version with no icky egg cleanup.
- Finger Flashlights ($5). Explore outdoors with this set of cool colored finger flashlights. Light the way to adventure!
- EZ Steppers (set of 2, $10). Get a step up on the sidewalk with a set of easy to master 4 inch platforms with adjustable handles. Kids will love the view from up (a little) higher.
- Green Toys Dump Truck ($20). This durable dump truck can deliver a load of Easter eggs in the morning and transport dirt and rocks outside every day after.
- Rainbow Playground Ball ($10). The classic gym class outdoor play ball with a rainbow makeover. Kids will love playing and running after this bouncy, colorful ball.
- Light-up Skip Ball ($12). Your kiddo hops, the ball skips and lights up. Lots of active fun with this modern twist on a classic outdoor toy.
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here!