Filling a fun Easter basket offered similar challenges to filling a Christmas stocking. We want to look beyond the candy aisle and fill baskets with fun, unique toys, games and books. We put together this fun Easter Basket Shopping Guide to share and inspire non-traditional filler ideas.
Easter Doesn't Have to Involve Candy
Today we've rounded up some fun toys and games to encourage outdoor fun and play. Easter doesn't have to mean sugar, it can also be a time for toys. Here are six of our favorite ideas for things to play with at Easter.
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
The Best Overnight French Toast Recipe
We've hit the winter lull--that lengthy stretch of season with no plans, no parties, nothing to do, and nowhere to go. I have to admit that at first, I welcomed the quiet obligation-free weekends of January. After the nonstop hustle-bustle pace of November and December, my family ...read more
Crockpot Lasagna Soup Recipe
This week winter seems to really have set in. What I mean is: it felt like January and I absolutely welcomed the chill with open arms. Boots, sweaters, blankets, and lots of soup. In fact, with ski trips planned and the Super Bowl coming soon, I'm in absolute heaven. It's the ...read more
- Egg and Spoon Race Game Set ($13). This game is great for Easter afternoon play - and beyond. It takes the traditional party game of walking with an egg into a kid-friendly version with no icky egg cleanup.
- Finger Flashlights ($5). Explore outdoors with this set of cool colored finger flashlights. Light the way to adventure!
- EZ Steppers (set of 2, $10). Get a step up on the sidewalk with a set of easy to master 4 inch platforms with adjustable handles. Kids will love the view from up (a little) higher.
- Green Toys Dump Truck ($20). This durable dump truck can deliver a load of Easter eggs in the morning and transport dirt and rocks outside every day after.
- Rainbow Playground Ball ($10). The classic gym class outdoor play ball with a rainbow makeover. Kids will love playing and running after this bouncy, colorful ball.
- Light-up Skip Ball ($12). Your kiddo hops, the ball skips and lights up. Lots of active fun with this modern twist on a classic outdoor toy.
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here!