I grew up on the ocean and always loved my beach days. I learned to swim in the ocean, surf, boat and fish in it and made so many lifelong friends during my early beach days. To get ready for Shark Week, we've gathered our favorite shark inspired must haves.
Related: Family gardening projects
SHARK WEEK 2021
The ocean has always fascinated me and my love for all things nature is especially peaked when it comes to marine life. I have a healthy respect for the ocean and am lucky that my three littles love it as much as I do. You can only imagine how excited we have been to kick off the thirtieth anniversary of Shark Week on Discovery Channel.
Television's longest-running, and most anticipated summer event returns for its 33rd year with bigger sharks and record-breaking breaches on Sunday, July 11 and continues through Sunday, July 18. To get ready, we're sharing some of our favorite shark finds.
Business Casual Outfits for Teen Summer Jobs
Summer internship season has arrived. I was on the phone with a friend this morning putting together ideas for her daughter. I decided to organize my little capsule wardrobe for you. These pieces can be worn for work and also make it to college or into a high school wardrobe. ...read more
Spring Skiing at Mount Bachelor, Oregon
No one told me it was possible to ski in a foot of fresh powder in May. Being part of the ski world has opened up many exciting travel opportunities for me. Heading to Bend, Oregon for a bit of spring skiing at Mount Bachelor was a completely unexpected delight, and it might just ...read more
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
- Shark Figures: Children are always curious about everything in the world, especially the animal world. These lifelike models will help your kids learn. Get the collection on Amazon here.
- Ravensburger: We love puzzles and know they are great for concentration, building problem solving skills as well as encouraging early mathematical skills. Check out these great shark puzzles by Ravensburger, Sea of Sharks Puzzle or Smiling Sharks Puzzle-dont worry they won't bite!
- Discovery Sharkopedia (TIME) - Celebrate Discovery Shark Week all year long with Discovery Sharkopedia, the definitive visual guide to everything there is to know about sharks! With more than 400 incredible color photos of the world's most infamous sharks, including great white, bull, and tiger sharks, Sharkopedia explores the evolution of sharks-did you know sharks have been swimming in the world's oceans since before dinosaurs roamed the earth?-and introduces kids to almost 500 known shark species with close-up portraits of each and fun "fin facts" throughout.
- Sharks: The Definitive Handbook (Topix) - Discovery presents Sharks: The Definitive Handbook. An official companion piece to Discovery's Shark Week, this 100-page, collector's edition showcases dozens of incredible images of these fascinating predators, in addition to telling shark fans everything they need to know about the ocean's fiercest hunters.
- Snapper Rock: Summer is in full swing. Get the UV protection you need (50+) with stylish, comfortable and on trend swim wear for the whole family. Snapper Rock has a few Shark Inspired suits as the perfect nod to our fearsome fish.
- Shark Bite: Family Game night for the win! Fish for sea creatures but be careful because you never know when it's feeding time for the Apex predator. The Shark Bite game is fun, interactive and perfect way to gear up for Shark Week fun.
- Shark Masks & Squirters: Try this fun pool float game with shark pumping squirter. Get your shark squirter here.
Enjoy Shark Week on Discovery Channel and continue the fun all year long with our shark inspired must haves!
MORE KID-CENTRIC IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas. Be sure to follow our Activities for Kids board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Some samples were received. This post contains affiliate links.