I still remember the Christmas my parents brought out The Dollhouse. Mine was all wood, constructed from a kit my parents are bought and painstakingly put together. It was plain and unadorned, but in that house, I brought to life all kind of stories and sagas. Want to give your kids that same kind of space to create adventures? Read on to discover our favorite dollhouses - traditional, modern and the best ones for boys.
Best Traditional Dollhouses
Let's start with traditional dollhouses. Granted, these tend to lean a bit more feminine. Pink and purple abounds in many of these, but for kids who dream of having a house and family of their own, these dollhouses can provide hours of quiet, creative play.
- The KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse has wheels on the bottom on allows for play from all sides.
- The KidKraft My Dreamy Dollhouse has three stories and an elevator!
- The cute KidKraft Chelsea Doll Cottage comes with 17 pieces of furniture and working windows.
- If you're willing to spend a little more, the Pottery Barn Glenview Dollhouse looks stunning and can be personalized with your child's last name on the house.
- We love the Teamson wooden farmhouse that is filled with wooden furniture and a love of farm life.
- If you like DIY, this kit we found on Etsy reminds me of the house from the Sound of Music. Happy building!
Best Modern Dollhouses
Looking for something a little more modern? A little more gender-neutral? We love these wooden dollhouse options that will blend into your living room or modern nursery.
- The Maxim Designed By You dollhouse has six modular rooms so your child can reconfigure the look and layout of the house.
- The eco-friendly Plan Toys Modern Dollhouse is constructed out of sustainable and environmentally safe materials, comes with furniture and has modular rooms.
- Looking for something simpler? The Plan Toys My First Doll House is great starter dollhouse and includes sliding doors and a balcony.
- The Hape All Seasons Dollhouse has six rooms, reversible winter/summer decor and comes fully furnished.
Getting Back Quality Time with Family Game Night
Slowing down is a key to happiness. This is something that is both obvious but still very hard to do - especially with our busy lives. During a recent interview with happiness expert, sociologist and parent educator, Dr. Christine Carter I learned some tips on how to focus on ...read more
The Benefits of Creating a Family Fitness Routine
We all know that kids learn best when we model behaviors for them. We can talk all we want about sharing, eating healthy and being kind, but when they see us living these values, they respond. The same goes for fitness. When we make health a priority for ourselves, the kids will ...read more
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Best Gender Neutral Dollhouses
Who said dollhouses are just for girls? Boys love to create stories and character interactions too. But in case your guy isn't into pink trim and Victorian-style furniture, we found these boy-friendly playhouses. Of course, while we called these the best playhouses for boys, we know plenty of girls who would love to play with them just as much. How cool are these? A spaceship and submarine, a camper and a castle!
- 3, 2, 1 - blast off with the KidKraft Rocket Ship comes with astronauts, space vehicles and glow in the dark moon craters.
- If you child loves emergency vehicles, he'll love the KidKraft Deluxe Fire Rescue Set that comes with three firefights, a helicopter, fire truck and ambulance.
- We love the cheery, open floor plan of the Lakeshore Giant Treehouse with a rope ladder and slide.
- We can't get over how excited some little boys we know would be to get this KidKraft Fun Explorers Submarine Ship, complete with two torpedoes and a working elevator.
- Looking for something more unique for your guy? Try this Melissa & Doug Deluxe Folding Medieval Castle.
Did you have a dollhouse growing up?
MORE KID-CENTRIC FUN FROM MOMTRENDS
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.