The only time that I actually get excited about cleaning is in the Spring. There is something refreshing about gathering your old belongings and either getting rid of them or finding a way to organize, and essentially, live better with less junk. Staples is also excited about Spring Cleaning and recently announced their free electronics recycling for all brands of office technology at Staples stores nationwide. Consumers and small businesses can responsibly recycle their electronics every day at Staples locations nationwide (1), regardless of where the devices were purchased.
Related: Get organized with Mabel's Labels
How the Staples Recycling Program Works
The Staples technology recycling program, accepts all brands of the following electronics for free (2):
- Desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablet PCs, external hard drives and small servers
- All computer monitors
- Printers, desktop copiers, faxes and all-in-one devices
- Mice, keyboards, modems/routers networking and PC speakers
- Shredders, streaming devices, phones and Universal Power Supply (UPS battery backup)
- Mobile phones, GPS devices, MP3 players, digital camcorders and digital cameras
"Staples free tech recycling program will help increase the number of electronic products that are safely recycled," said Mark Buckley, vice president of environmental affairs, Staples. "As a trusted source for office solutions, Staples is making it easy for consumers to responsibly recycle electronics for free every day at our stores. We are excited to work with HP on this initiative as part of our ongoing commitment to environmental sustainability"
Customers can drop off their technology for recycling at the service desk of their local Staples store. Staples will take advantage of its world-class logistics networks to collect the devices and consolidate them at its distribution centers. A certified e-stewards and an R2 recycler will then arrange to have the materials transported to its processing centers.
No-Churn Brown Sugar Peach Ice Cream
Recently, our family went to a local farm that was having a Peach Festival. We started our day off with peaches and pancakes and then we all hopped on tractors and rode out to the orchard to do our own peach picking! We turned those summer peaches into a delicious ice cream. I'm ...read more
3 Ways to Eat Peaches This Summer
Who wants to add some new ways to eat peaches to their summer menu? I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for new and exciting ways I can incorporate my favorite fruit into my summer diet. I'm sharing three of my favorite peach recipes for you to make the most of ...read more
Fresh Summer Peach Cocktail Recipe
August is National Peach Month, but you already probably knew that from the sweet, rosy golden globes lining the farmer's market rows. Along with cold, ripe watermelon and sweet corn, there are few things that scream summer more than a delicious, juicy peach. While it would be a ...read more
(1) All Staples locations in the U.S. except for Staples Copy and Print Shops participate in this program.
(2) Staples does not accept televisions, appliances, alkaline batteries, floor model copiers/printers, large servers, audio/visual equipment, or certain other household electronics (kitchen electrics, etc.). There is a limit of 6 items per customer per day in most states.
Additional information is available at Staples website www.staples.com/recycle
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Welcome back-to-school party ideas
- Back-to-school owl pocket craft
- 8 ways to make back-to-school mornings easier
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips
Momtrends was not paid for this post