Did you know that only 22% of children ages 2 to 5 aren't getting the right amount of fruits and veggies? One great way to combat this is by giving your children green juice such as those that contain Kale and Spinach as well as a combo of fruits, like green apple and pineapple. To help us with our picky kids, Rachel Malsin, co-founder of Project Juice, a company that makes organic, cold-pressed juices and cleanses, shared some tips on how to get your kids to eat their veggies as well as delicious recipe to try a home.
Here are some more tips for getting your kids to eat their veggies:
- Be a good role-model: studies show that kids tend to mimic their parents, even their eating habits.
- Offer a variety: Giving your kids healthy options to choose from makes it easier for both you and them.
- Get your kids involved: Bring your kids to the farmers market with you and let them help with the cooking. This will pique their interest in their food.
- Make it fun: Incorporate fun stories and games into your meal time to make eating veggies feel like less of a job.
- One Bite Rule: Incorporate the one bite rule into your meal time routine allows for kids to try different veggies.
1/2 inch piece of Ginger
2 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
1 Granny Smith Apple
2 Blood Oranges
6 Celery Stalks
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
1. Gather organic ginger, lemon, romaine, granny smith apples, blood oranges, celery and cayenne.
2. Trim the celery, and peel the rind off of the oranges and lemon.
3. Wash all ingredients.
4. Juice* and enjoy!!!!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.