Did you know that only 22% of children ages 2 to 5 aren't getting the right amount of fruits and veggies? One great way to combat this is by giving your children green juice such as those that contain Kale and Spinach as well as a combo of fruits, like green apple and pineapple. To help us with our picky kids, Rachel Malsin, co-founder of Project Juice, a company that makes organic, cold-pressed juices and cleanses, shared some tips on how to get your kids to eat their veggies as well as delicious recipe to try a home.
Here are some more tips for getting your kids to eat their veggies:
- Be a good role-model: studies show that kids tend to mimic their parents, even their eating habits.
- Offer a variety: Giving your kids healthy options to choose from makes it easier for both you and them.
- Get your kids involved: Bring your kids to the farmers market with you and let them help with the cooking. This will pique their interest in their food.
- Make it fun: Incorporate fun stories and games into your meal time to make eating veggies feel like less of a job.
- One Bite Rule: Incorporate the one bite rule into your meal time routine allows for kids to try different veggies.
1/2 inch piece of Ginger
2 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
1 Granny Smith Apple
2 Blood Oranges
6 Celery Stalks
1. Gather organic ginger, lemon, romaine, granny smith apples, blood oranges, celery and cayenne.
2. Trim the celery, and peel the rind off of the oranges and lemon.
3. Wash all ingredients.
4. Juice* and enjoy!!!!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.