Did you know that August 12th is World Elephant Day? We are excited to do our part by supporting the Wildlife Conservation Society’s 96 Elephants campaign.
This initiative focuses on protecting forest elephants from extinction through awareness and legislation. This is huge since more than 35,000 elephants are killed by poachers each year for their ivory and the goal of the campaign is to stop the killing, demand and trafficking of elephant ivory.
The 96 Elephants campaign, named for the number of elephants currently gunned down each day by poachers, focuses on: securing effective U.S. moratorium laws; bolstering elephant protection with additional funding; and educating the public about the link between ivory consumption and the elephant poaching crisis.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Here's how we can all can help:
- Let the kids get creative and color in their own elephant, using a special template; take a picture of their masterpiece and share on social media using the hashtag #elphie
- Print out elephant masks for the entire family and take pictures of yourselves wearing the masks, then upload them to social media using the hashtag #elphie. Here’s a link to print the mask: http://bit.ly/1s1IZTr
- On August 12, World Elephant Day, change your social profile picture to be one of you in the elephant mask and include the caption “join the herd” along with a link to the 96 Elephants information page: http://pages.96elephants.org/wed/
- Go to 96elephants.org and sign-up and encourage your readers to take the pledge to not buy ivory and support the US ban (and state bans) against ivory sales.
- Donate a tweet or Facebook post to the cause via Thunderclap and help spread the word together, all at once, on World Elephant Day. Tell your followers to do the same. thndr.it/1kqIbYo
- Visit the Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, or other WCS parks on World Elephant Day or anytime during the week ofAugust 12-17 and show your support by wearing grey and participating in elephant themed educational activities.
- Download the 96 Elephants advocacy tool kit
- Follow 96 Elephants on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
For more information, please visit, www.96elephants.org.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.