Between cookouts, fireworks and barbecues, the 4th of July is a whirlwind holiday filled with activity and food. Its important to enjoy the festivities, but also to keep kids on a fairly normal schedule to avoid the meltdowns caused by sugar crashes and exhaustion. There are ways to keep on napping and eating schedules while out and about to keep the whole family happy.
Here are tips help keep children on healthy eating, playing and napping schedules while on a long holiday weekend.
- Bring an umbrella. An umbrella can give protection from the rain and sun. It can also be a great place to set up a quick nap for your little one. A blanket and some shade will provide the quick slumber necessary to keep them energized throughout the day.
- Bring the beach toys. Bring along some water toys, Frisbees and sand castle toys to keep busy. Whether youre at the beach, the park or the fireworks, toddlers tend to get into trouble if they dont have something to keep them distracted. Plastic toys can get dirty, wet and messy with easy clean-up.
- Prepare your meals ahead of time. While adults can find food at most venues, toddlers are picky and need to stick to healthier options. Spouted pouches of Greek yogurt and Superfruits from Sprout Organic Foods dont require a cooler and can be re-sealed for easy and mess-free snacks. Throw organic quick snacks and meals like these in a purse or beach bag to keep your toddler happy.
- Keep hydrated. Bringing water will help to stay cool and refreshed throughout the hot summer day. Water bottles with filters are a great way to filter water from a drinking fountain while also being eco-friendly. Your toddler will be dehydrated from the sun and activity so drink up.
- Bring soft ear plugs. If your toddler is able to stay up for the fireworks at night, remember to bring ear plugs. Their sensitive ears will be protected from the noise while they enjoy the show.
All tips were provided by Sprout Foods, a company whose mission is to provide children, and the parents who feed them, with fresh and delicious whole foods that encourage happy and healthy eating.
For more information, and to see the complete Sprout Food product line, please visit: http://www.sproutorganicfoods.com.
Momtrends was not paid for this post