This Mothers Day dont forget Mother Earth! What activities can you do together as a family to celebrate the Earth?
In honor of Mothers Day, The Nature Conservancya leading conservation organization working to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and peopleis urging families not to forget about Mother Earth and to partake in earth-friendly activities together.
- Plant Trees: Not only will it give your family a sense of accomplishment, but trees provide shade, help reduce the heat island effect in cities, and absorb climate-changing carbon dioxide.
- Go Bird Watching: A very addictive and fun family activity that requires lots of observation. Start out with the Mockingbird and Cardinal.
- Go for a Bike Ride:Discover nature right outside your door by taking a fun family bike ride together!
- Unplug: This is the time of ditching any device with batteries to spend quality time together as a family.
- Make Trash-Free Lunches: Have kids carry cloth napkins to school, and pack sandwiches, snacks and drinks in long-lasting, leak-proof containers.
Tips provided by Sarene Marshall, Managing Director for the Nature Conservancy's global Climate Change Team. Sarene, a mother of two, enjoys gardening and gourmet cooking.
Momtrends was not piad for this post.