Its time to PonyUp for the second annual National Donate Your Hair Day on September 7, 2013. This unifying day of giving encourages people to cut and donate their healthy hair to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program to make real-hair wigs available at no-cost to women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments.
On National Donate You Hair Day, Pantene is encouraging women across the country to PonyUp and donate their ponytails. To date, the Beautiful Lengths program has donated 28,000 real-hair wigs to the American Cancer Societys wig banks across the country. Those unable to donate can still be involved by pledging to donate next year or by planning a donation cutting event for friends and family. Even something as simple as Tweeting their support for the program @Pantene using #BeautifulLengths will help support the cause.
As a thank you to those who donate, Pantene Beautiful Lengths is running a special promotion at Walmart offering donors a rebate of up to $30 in the form of a VISA gift card by mail to cover the cost of their salon haircut.
Beginning September 3, 2013, donors can access the rebate by following three easy steps:
1) Request a donation kit from http://gotobeautifullengths.com/
2) Visit any salon and cut a minimum of 8 inches of hair remember to follow the guidelines for hair donation!
3) Head to your nearest Walmart to purchase any Pantene product to style your new do, then mail in your salon receipt, your Walmart receipt, and most importantly, your ponytail using the pre-paid envelope in the donation kit. Visit http://www.gotobeautifullengths.com/terms/for complete terms and conditions.
Those who cannot donate on September 7 are still encouraged to make the cut. Walmart is running the promotion all through September and October to continue their support of the program and Pantene Beautiful Lengths accepts donations year-round.
We are thrilled to have Walmart as a partner this year for National Donate Your Hair Day in addition to our continuing partnership with Seventeen magazine, says Mike Schmidt, Director, P&G Walmart Customer Team. The PanteneBeautiful Lengths program continues to grow within communities and to have such large partners call attention to the cause is simply amazing.
If you are looking for inspiration for your new haircut, the September issue of Seventeen includes a special feature on National Donate Your Hair Day and provide a variety of cute cuts and styling options for those planning to donate. National Donate Your Hair Day participants are encouraged to show off their new cuts by Tweeting @pantene and @seventeenmag using #beautifullengths.
Its important for our readers to look good and do good, says Ann Shoket, Editor of Chief of Seventeen magazine. National Donate Your Hair Day lets our girls help other girls and women feel beautifulits such an inspirational program.
The requirements to donate hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths are:
- Each hair donation must be at least 8 inches long.
- Hair may be colored with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dyes. It cannot be bleached, permanently colored or chemically treated.
- Gray hair is difficult to use in the wig-making process, so hair may not be more than 5% gray at the time of donation.
For more information about National Donate Your Hair Day, the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, or how to get involved, please visit www.beautifullengths.com.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.