Do you find that you get into recipe rut? I am always looking for new ideas that both the kids will love as well as those that are healthy. For some tasty inspiration we've teamed up with Mountain States Rosen, one of the nation's leading producers of lamb and veal. This includes a line of premium store brands and signature labels such as Cedar Springs Lamb, Shepherds Pride Lamb (lambs never receive antibiotics or added hormones), Lava Lake Lamb (grass-fed), Royal Bay Lamb, Cedar Springs Nature Veal and Smart Cuisine.
As an alternative to beef, lamb is a low-calorie food with only 175 calories for every 3 ounces that is also packed with nutrients, protein, vitamin B12, niacin, zinc and selenium, iron and riboflavin.
To help families across the nation change the way they cook (and eat), they are hosting a unique series of promotions throughout the Northeast called the "LAMBorghini" campaign where consumers have the chance to learn about delicious recipes with lamb as well as the chance to win up to three hours in a Lamborghini with a professional racing instructor! Fill out this form to enter.
Whether you are grilling this summer or want to mix up up the dinnertime options, lamb from Mountain States Rosen is sourced from the highest quality ingredients as well as a part of the "heritage, passion and livelihood" of the company.
Check out this delicious recipe for Cedar Springs Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Barcelona Dill Marinade to test out with your family this summer.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board
Cedar Springs Moroccan Spiced Lamb Kebobs with Summertime Fruit Chutney
Preparation and cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
1-1/2 teaspoons garam masala
1/4 cup olive oil
3 to 4 pound boneless Cedar SpringsAmerican Lamb leg, butterflied, cut into 1-1/4- inch cubes
4 pieces stone fruit (plums, apricots or peaches), cut in half and pitted
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons prepared balsamic syrup
3 teaspoons thinly sliced mint leaves
16 bamboo skewers soaked in water
1. In a large bowl, combine masala and oil. Add lamb and fruit; toss to coat.
2. Thread all lamb evenly onto skewers. Do not skewer fruit halves.
3. Grill lamb kabobs over medium coals or medium heat gas grill grate; turning frequently 8 to 12 minutes until desired doneness. Medium rare cook to 145F, medium cook to 160F, for well-done cook to 170F. At the same time, place fruit halves on grill to cook until grill charred. Remove from grill.
4. Coarsely chop grilled fruit. In a small bowl, combine fruit, pistachios and garlic; drizzle with balsamic syrup and garnish with mint.
5. Serve chutney with lamb kebobs.
Win it: We are giving away a $25 gift certificate to test out their lamb to our NY, NJ, MD, PA, and DE readers. To be entered into a drawing to receive a $25 gift card to either A&P, Pathmark, Waldbaums, The Food Emporium, or Superfresh, leave a comment about why youd be interested in grilling up Cedar Springs American lamb.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES (2 EXTRA ENTRIES FOR A TOTAL OF 3) let us know that you did so in the comments section:
1. Follow @MOMTRENDS on Twitter.
2. TWEET This Message: "Enter to win a gift card from Mountain Rosen to test out some delicious lamb recipes #giveaways #lambhttp://bit.ly/112bdSf?
Full Disclosure: Winner must be 18 years or older and a US Resident. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via email with the specifics on how to claim their prize. Contest ends 8/18/13 at Midnight EST. Winners will be picked by random.org. By entering this contest, you will automatically be signing up for the Momtrends newsletter. This is a sponsored post.