Do you have a Star Wars fan in your house? I live with three boys ages 8, 7 and 4 who know more details about the Jedi Council, Yoda's wise one-liners, and how clone troopers are made than I can fathom - even my 4-year-old. Luckily, today is National Star Wars Day - May the 4th (Force) - so let the whole family geek out to the this classic series with some of my family's favorite Star Wars products.
Have Star Wars-obesssed kids too? Tell us in the comments what they are loving!
1. Star Wars Phonic Box Set - You won't believe how motivated my kindergartener was to read when I picked up this Star Wars phonic box set from Scholastic Books. This 10-book collection features all your favorite Star Wars characters in books focusing on short and long a, e, i, o, u sounds as well as two phonics workbooks. Plus, if kids are struggling, they can "use the force" to help sound out new words and (jedi) master the book.
2. LEGO Star Wars - If you're kids are into Star Wars you are already probably knee-deep in Star War LEGOs - literally. There are more than 100 different sets with new ones being released all the time. While you are cursing dropping $250 on the Ewok Village or stepping on another droid head, keep in mind that LEGO creativity has a number of educational benefits.
3. Star Wars Novelty Ts - There are dozens and dozens of Star Wars t-shirts to choose from, but if you're kids are into the series, you really can't go wrong. Choose a classic logo shirt, one featuring your favorite character or a quirkier picks like these above. These and dozens of other shirts available at Amazon.
4. Star Wars: Jedi Academy book series - This three-part series from author Jeffery Brown follows Roan, a galaxy middle schooler who ends up attending Jedi Academy. Through a combination of journal entries, drawings, letters, comics, and newspaper clippings, readers get to make their way through the awkwardness and adventure of Roan's training. Geared for grades 3-7, this fun, non-traditional read will keep kids laughing (and reading) until the end. Book three is set to be released on June 30, 2015.
5.Star Wars TV series- If your kids have made it through all six Star Wars movies and are hungry for more, check out three of our favorite animated continuations available on Amazon.com:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars follows a young Anakin Skywalker with the action set between movies 2 and 3. The series is produced by George Lucas so although it's designed for kids, adult fans of the original series will be just as riveted by the story lines, character development and animation quality.
Star Wars Rebels takes place between movies 3 and 4 and features a whole new cast of Star Wars characters. You may be put off by the addition of the brand new cast, but pint-sized Star Wars fans will likely welcome them with open arms.
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Brick Saga So Far blends your favorite Star Wars characters with lots of LEGO humor for the whole family. Definitely geared to a younger audience than the previous two series.
6. Star Wars Character Encyclopedia - Remember how I mentioned how much my kids know about Star Wars? Well, I'm realizing this book may be to blame. With more than 200 character profiles featuring everyone from Jedi Knight Aayla Secura to Zett Jukassa (Jedi padawan to Mierme Unill, of course), this book provides "a ton of awesome information" as my 8-year-old describes. Plus, it keeps my kids reading, thinking and discussing big questions like "Why did Anakin give in to the dark side?" and "What is Yoda's home planet?"
What are your kids' favorite Star Wars products?
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.