Happy International Day of Happiness! The United Nations declared today as a day of happiness, and you can get involved by inspiring people to make the world a happier place by intentionally engaging in small acts so to celebrate, Acts of Happiness walls are being built in cities across the U.S., including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas, among others, with a virtual wall of happiness at ActsofHappiness.org.
To commemorate this mission, Live Happy magazine is inviting everyone to join their Acts of Happiness campaign, designed to gather stories, images, and video that share peoples #HappyActs and how they are making the world a happier place.
Everyone is invited to participate by sharing, posting and pledging how people are making the world around them a happier place.
How you can get involved in the International Day of Happiness:
- Visit one of the physical Acts of Happiness walls (for a complete list of cities, visit ActsofHappiness.org) or visit the virtual wall at ActsofHappiness.org.
- Pledge to an Act of Happiness and share your happy acts with others using our hashtag #happyacts
- Are you ready to spread joy and happiness in your community and beyond? Weve got a few ideas for you below, but remember, happiness comes in many forms, so share it however you think is best.
- Write a thank you note to someone you learned a lesson or two from Pay the toll for the car behind you
- Split a cupcake with your friend
- Pick up litter that you didnt leave
- Leave a word of encouragement on your coworkers desk
- Call up an old friend and tell him/her a joke
- Reconnect with your grandparents, find out where they were at your age
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Donate---books, blood, clothes, wisdom, and anything else youre lucky to have plenty of Smile!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.