Happy International Day of Happiness! The United Nations declared today as a day of happiness, and you can get involved by inspiring people to make the world a happier place by intentionally engaging in small acts so to celebrate, Acts of Happiness walls are being built in cities across the U.S., including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas, among others, with a virtual wall of happiness at ActsofHappiness.org.
To commemorate this mission, Live Happy magazine is inviting everyone to join their Acts of Happiness campaign, designed to gather stories, images, and video that share people’s #HappyActs and how they are making the world a happier place.
Everyone is invited to participate by sharing, posting and pledging how people are making the world around them a happier place.
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
How you can get involved in the International Day of Happiness:
- Visit one of the physical Acts of Happiness walls (for a complete list of cities, visit ActsofHappiness.org) or visit the virtual wall at ActsofHappiness.org.
- Pledge to an Act of Happiness and share your happy acts with others using our hashtag #happyacts
- Are you ready to spread joy and happiness in your community and beyond? We’ve got a few ideas for you below, but remember, happiness comes in many forms, so share it however you think is best.
- Write a thank you note to someone you learned a lesson or two from Pay the toll for the car behind you
- Split a cupcake with your friend
- Pick up litter that you didn’t leave
- Leave a word of encouragement on your coworker’s desk
- Call up an old friend and tell him/her a joke
- Reconnect with your grandparents, find out where they were at your age
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Donate---books, blood, clothes, wisdom, and anything else you’re lucky to have plenty of Smile!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.