Happy International Day of Happiness! The United Nations declared today as a day of happiness, and you can get involved by inspiring people to make the world a happier place by intentionally engaging in small acts so to celebrate, Acts of Happiness walls are being built in cities across the U.S., including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas, among others, with a virtual wall of happiness at ActsofHappiness.org.
To commemorate this mission, Live Happy magazine is inviting everyone to join their Acts of Happiness campaign, designed to gather stories, images, and video that share people’s #HappyActs and how they are making the world a happier place.
Everyone is invited to participate by sharing, posting and pledging how people are making the world around them a happier place.
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
How you can get involved in the International Day of Happiness:
- Visit one of the physical Acts of Happiness walls (for a complete list of cities, visit ActsofHappiness.org) or visit the virtual wall at ActsofHappiness.org.
- Pledge to an Act of Happiness and share your happy acts with others using our hashtag #happyacts
- Are you ready to spread joy and happiness in your community and beyond? We’ve got a few ideas for you below, but remember, happiness comes in many forms, so share it however you think is best.
- Write a thank you note to someone you learned a lesson or two from Pay the toll for the car behind you
- Split a cupcake with your friend
- Pick up litter that you didn’t leave
- Leave a word of encouragement on your coworker’s desk
- Call up an old friend and tell him/her a joke
- Reconnect with your grandparents, find out where they were at your age
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Donate---books, blood, clothes, wisdom, and anything else you’re lucky to have plenty of Smile!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.