This summer, we're excited about these big ice trays from Casabella. Starting at $11.99 for a set of two, these trays can hold a lot more than ice (or a lot of ice). The ice trays are both oven and freezer safe; ideal for desserts that require both heating and chilling. Take a look at our summer dessert ideas, transformed in a Casabella big ice tray.
1. Chocolate covered strawberries
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Transfer melted chocolate evenly to Casabella big ice trays
- Submerge a strawberry, stem up, in each ice tray compartment.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Bon appétit!
2. Chocolate covered coconut bonbons
- Layer each section of the tray with a mixture of crushed chocolate wafer cookie and melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top each cube with a scoop of coconut ice-cream and an almond. Transfer tray to freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate on stovetop. Let cool.
- Remove trays from freezer, cover with melted chocolate.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or over night.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Spoon and press into a bottom layer of each section of Casabella's big ice tray.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Pour batter over graham cracker crusts.
- Bake for an hour or until set.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.