I'm fresh off a trip to the 2014 ABC Kids Expo in Las Vegas to check out the latest products and brands in the world of maternity, baby, kids and parenting. What do we have to look forward to in the coming months? Here are five gear trends you can expect to see in stores soon.
1. Heather Grey. This color was EVERYWHERE! From strollers and car seats to diapers bags and baby carriers, this gray looks sophisticated and chic for the modern parent. Not to mention being a great gender-neutral option to work for siblings down the road. What do you think? Brilliant or blah?
(l. to r. - Mamas & Papas Armadillo City, Graco Forever car seat, Stokke Scoot, J.J Cole Linden diaper bag)
(l. to r. Beco Soleil carrier, Chicco Next Fit convertible car seat, Valco SnapDuo2, Petunia Pickle Bottom Jacquard Sashay Satchel and Train Case)
2. Eric Carle. From his clothing collaboration with Gymboree to toys, games, gear and more with brands like Creative Baby and Carters, Eric Carle and his hungry caterpillar along with other animal friends are showing up all over the world of kids gear.
3. Convertible gear. We've almost come to expect single strollers to convert into doubles, but this year took the convertible gear even farther. Cybex introduced the Cloud Q car seat which reclines flat when in a stroller as a bassinet, Simple Parenting showed off its Doona infant car seat (check out the demo below!) that has wheels that pop out of the bottom to turn it into a stroller, and Graco's 4Ever car seat can be used from a rear-facing 4 lbs. to a forward-facing backless booster up to 120 lbs.
(Cybex Cloud Q, Graco 4Ever car seat)
(Delta's 5-in-1 convertible high chair)
(Doona Infant car seat / stroller)
4. Tech-controlled gadgets. From baby monitors to swings, some of the latest baby gadgets can now be controlled by your tablet or smartphone. The 2015 4moms Mamaroo will now be app-controllable as will Fisher-Price's SmartConnect 4-in-1 cradle and swing. Plus nearly every new baby monitor can be accessed through a tablet.
(4moms 2015 Mamaroo)
5. Solid color car seats. Prints were far and few between on car seats at ABC. Instead solids ruled the floor with gorgeous shades in every color of the rainbow. I'm not a huge fan of cutesy prints, so I like this trend. What do you think? Miss the patterns?
(l. to r. - UPPAbaby Mesa, new Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Chicco NextFit Convertible, new Britax Marathon ClickTight, Recaro Performance Coupe)
What new trends are you most excited about?
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.