This fall, I have been testing out new recipes and indulgening in some sweet treats. From pies to cookies and some healthy nibbles, here are a few of my favorites this week.
1. Aroniaberry Gummy Chews: I recently discovered a delicious way to snack on-the-go with Aroniaberry Gummy Chews, a 100% concentrate, gummy chew that offers health and wellness benefits that far surpass that of other widely recognized high antioxidant fruits.
2. Wild Ophelia: One of my highlights of BlogHer 2013 was meeting with the team of Wild Ophelia. I loved tasting their delicious and high-quality chocolates that includes so many unique flavors like the Salt ChowChilla Almond, the Sweet Cherry Pecan, the New Orleans Chili and my favorite the Peanut Butter and Banana. Not only is each bite bursting with flavor, each bar features a flavor profile so the consumer can better understand (and appreciate) what they are eating. A new favorite chocolate that is also packed in the cutest packaging.
3. Sara Snacker Cookie Company: One of my favorite new cookies is the amazing gluten-free, dairy-free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chippy from Sara Snacker Cookie Company. A line of high quality cookies, this new Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chippy is made with creamy peanut butter and crunchy whole grain oats with deep, rich chocolate chips. They also have other unique and tasty varities with some of our favorites being the Chipnetzel, Vanilla Milkshake Cookies, and the S'mores cookie that we can't get enough of.
4. Baking Mixes from Krusteaz: I love to bake but it is not always easy with kids. To help me out I have been using some fall baking mixes from Krusteaz. Some of our favorites are the Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix, the Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread and the Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix that my girls love for breakfast with some fruit. On the weekends we have also been loving the Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix and the Pancake and Waffle Mix where we can enjoy a weekend favorite without having to worry about a lot of prep work. I also love how my girls can get involved and help as the mix and pour along with me.
5. The Southern Pie Book: With apple-picking season in full swing, I have been loving The Southern Pie Book where I found inspiration and amazing recipes. Written by Jan Moon, owner of Dreamcakes Bakery in Birmingham, it's a great collection of Southern tarts, pies, cobblers and hand pies with some really nice recipes for fall and holiday entertaining, like the Cider Apple Pie, Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue and Salted Caramel Pecan Tassies.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples for review.