If there are two flavors that I think are natural partners, it's chocolate and banana. They complement each other in such a delightful way and any time that combination is in effect, I'm a happy girl. That goes double when we're talking about dark chocolate. So, I thought it would be fun to create a sweet, chocolate banana treat with Silky Smooth DOVE® Dark Chocolate.
We've spent the past week at my family's vacation home in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and while I don't mind cooking on vacation, easy is definitely the name of the game, which is why I set out to make a super easy treat that everyone in my family from my mama to my kiddos would love.
I've always found a nice frozen dessert to be especially refreshing in the summertime, so I decided to make some easy, frozen chocolate banana cheesecake pops. I've seen cheesecake pops all over Pinterest and thought they would taste extra delicious frozen.
Did you know that when you add fruit to batter it loosens it up? Hence, these pops have a decidedly more rustic look than the typical, round cake pops. You don't have to worry about making uniform little balls, which makes it a perfect recipe for the kids to help with!
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/3 cup of sugar
6 pieces of Silky Smooth DOVE® Dark Chocolate
1/4 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
lollipop or craft sticks
1. Mash the banana with a fork.
2. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and mashed banana with an electric mixer.
3. Place the batter in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm it up a bit.
4. Place spoonfuls of the batter on a cookie sheet and insert a lollipop or craft stick into each one.
5. Melt the Silky Smooth DOVE® Dark Chocolates in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
6. Drizzle the melted chocolate over each cheesecake pop.
7. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top.
8. Freeze for at least 3 hours until firm and enjoy.