A few days ago I had the pleasure to relive my childhood with Gail Simmons and Hasboro at an event to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Easy-Bake Oven!
THis included a product showcase of various EASY-BAKE Oven's throughout the years starting with the very first one that launched in 1963. In fact in the past 50 years, more than 30 million EASY-BAKE ovens have been sold and more than 150 million mix refills used. This includes 12 different EASY-Bake models that have all included a wide variety of colors, each design reflecting the popular kitchen styles of its time.
History of the Easy-Bake Oven (in pictures!):
For more than half a century, the EASY-BAKE brand has been synonymous with a child’s first baking experience, widely recognized for encouraging cooking confidence and creativity across multiple generations,” said Samantha Lomow, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing, Hasbro, Inc. “We are proud that baking in an EASY-BAKE oven is a childhood rite of passage, the brand has stood the test of time and will continue to bring young bakers the joy of creating something all their own.”
It was really fun to see the different EASY-BAKE Oven's throughout the years and how they have evolved with its latest model: a sleek silver, blue, and black oven. This also includes a heating element similar to a conventional oven. Plus, a larger cooking chamber and bigger baking pan meant kids can cook even more EASY-BAKE treats.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
To celebrate the anniversary and the new model, mama-to-be and culinary expert, Gail Simmons was on-hand to demo some fun recipes using the new EASY-BAKE oven. She demonstrated how to make a delicious rocky-road cake and pink cookies using the oven. She also recounted her fond memories with her own oven and remarked how much fun she had using the new oven to create the treats we sampled at the event.
An iconic toy, the EASY-BAKE oven has touched generations of kids, and how has a more evolved model that our kids will love.
More key moments and fun facts about EASY-BAKE oven:
• Twelve EASY-BAKE oven models have been released since 1963, each designed to reflect the colors and oven style of its time. The EASY-BAKE oven has appeared in a variety of colors, including avocado green, harvest gold, pink, purple, and aqua.
• Past EASY-BAKE oven menu items included treats from popular food brands such as Betty Crocker, Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts®, M&M’s®, Dunkin’ Donuts® and OREO®. Not just cakes and cookies, savory EASY-BAKE snacks over time have included popcorn, TV dinners, potato chips, macaroni and cheese, pizza, French fries, and more.
• In 2006, the EASY-BAKE oven was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
• The EASY-BAKE Ultimate Oven retired the light bulb in 2011 and introduced a way for chefs-in-training to bake up tasty treats using a heating element similar to a conventional oven.
• The EASY-BAKE brand has inspired a number of celebrity chefs and famous fans throughout the years.
For more information about EASY-BAKE products and decorating tips, visit EasyBake.com.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.