Did you know that today is National Cereal Day. In honor of this simple and healthy breakfast food option, we are sharing some tips on how to celebrate from Nature's Path as well as some of our favorite products to enjoy a hearty bowl this weekend.
1. Create a Cereal Bar: Surprise and delight family and friends with a make-your-own cereal bar. Its simple. Put out large bowls of your favorite cereals, such as EnviroKidz Gorilla Munch for the youngsters and delicious and nutritious granolas and flakes for the whole family, such as Natures Path Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola or Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla for those who are gluten-free. In smaller bowls, have slices of cut fruit and fun toppings such as dried cranberries, raisins and coconut flakes. Include bowls of Greek yogurt, organic milk or almond milk, fresh juice and youll have a celebration that will bowl them over. Here are a few inspirational ideas from CatchMyParty and LittleMissParty.
2. Look outside the bowl and celebrate Cereal Day with muffins made with crunchy, yummy Natures Path granola goodness, hot from the oven and bursting with yum.
3. Use your favorite bowls. To enjoy your cereal we love the new bowls from loaf - especially their breakfast in bed collection where you can relax with your morning cereal.
5. Its After School Snack Time or Work Break Munch Madness: dinner is still a long way off but we have the perfect way to celebrate the day and fill them up with good food that is nutritious, delicious and wont spoil dinner: grab a banana for an infusion of energy and potassium, dip in almond butter for protein goodness then do the cereal roll by dipping the banana/almond butter duo into some of your favorite cereals for crunchy munchy snack-aliciousness.
6. Cereal for Dinner: Are you one that has the not-so-guilty pleasure of loving cereal for dinner? You can also have a familycereal nighttime celebration with hearty, healthy and oh-so-satisfying squash soup made with Smartbran for smart bodies.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples to celebrate.