June is here and it’s full of fun holidays that kids can enjoy with colorful activities!
First up is Flag Day (June 14th) and what better way for kids to learn about their country and bring out their American spirit than by creating their own custom-made flags. Another day that we all can't wait for is June 21st (first day of summer) and Crayola is encouraging kids to get out and create all summer long with fun do it yourself arts and crafts.Check out some of these creative activities that you and your kids can enjoy together:
Crayola American Flag Banner:
- Flag Day is perfect for kids to honor their heritage and learn about their country. Whether it’s making a flag or a banner, kids can be creative and celebrate their country by showing what being an American means to them.
- Supplies needed: Glitter, colored pencils, glue, markers, crayons, paint, scissors
Crayola Coloring Pages:
- Does your child love to color? If so, Crayola offers tons of pre-made Flag Day coloring pages for kids to combine into an American book of art.
- Supplies needed: Crayola printable coloring pages, Crayons, Markers
- Examples: Friendly Flags Coloring Pages, United States Flag Coloring Page, United States of America Coloring Page.
First Day of Summer Ideas:
Ski Moms Fun Podcast
The struggle is real, but the rewards are great. Welcome to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast a chat for women who love the outdoors and do the hard work of getting families out into the snow to play. Meet Your Hosts The Ski Moms Fun Podcast is hosted by Sarah Butler and Nicole ...read more
The Books Parents Need to Get Started on the College Search
We've got a high school junior and are starting to educate ourselves on the college process. I always rely on the advice of parents who've been there and experts to help me along the way. Two new books are the perfect reads for those of us embarking on this journey. Here are the ...read more
Preserve Recycles Toothbrushes
Put those used brushes back to work with this cool new Mail Back program from Preserve. These guys always amaze me with uses for our old yogurt cups. The Mail Back Pack is a revolutionary approach to packaging. When you are done with your toothbrush, you just send it back to ...read more
Crayola Color Wonder Beach Scene Collage
- What’s not to love when kids can play and swim at the beach? Remember the fun times this summer in the sand, sun, and waves
- Supplies needed: Glue, Paper Pads, Color Wonder Products (Color Wonder Metallic Paper & Markers, Color Wonder Brush Tip markers, etc.)
Crayola Face the Sun
- Kids can combine creativity and learning by energizing a solar-powered project that celebrates summer fun and ancient folk culture
- Supplies needed: String, Model Magic, Paint.
Crayola Ice Cream Cone Matching Game
- Here’s a cool ice cream game to make and play. Crayola Twistables and Gel markers are cool for a summer day!
- Supplies needed: Colored Pencils, Crayons, Markers, Paper Pads, Scissors
For further information on craft ideas from Crayola, please visit http://www.crayola.com/crafts/ .
Join the conversation on Crayola’s Facebook page
Momtrends was not paid for this post.