Whether stuck in traffic or on a cross country road trip, the most hated words that can be uttered from the backseat are, “I’m BORED!” We’ve all been there! Thankfully, with a bit of preplanning, you can have great boredom busters on hand to stop those dreaded words in their tracks! Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Make an Eye Spy Bottle: Eye Spy is a great game to keep your kids entertained on the go while also boosting their cognitive thinking as they work to identify objects. Here are easy instructions from Toys in the Dryer.
2. Play Printable Car Bingo: Bingo is a fun game for all ages and a great way for kids to improve their memory and concentration skills. Download and print these great Bingo cards from Spoonful.com.
3. Sewing Cards Activities: Remember doing these as a kid? Print off these adorable DIY sewing cards from Handmade Charlotte.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
4. Travel Checklist: Maybe bingo isn’t your thing but you enjoy looking out the window? his travel checklist from A Pretty Life to keep kids entertained while you’re in the Suburbs.
5. Magnetic Busy Tray: Make this DIY tray from In Between Laundry and load it up with magnetic letters for tons of letter learning fun.
6. Coloring Pages: Not just for the little ones, these complex and beautiful coloring pages are fun and FREE. Coloring is a great way to keep kids engaged and quiet.
7. Kidoodle.TV on the iPad/iPhone/Android Device: Great, ad-free content makes your road trip fly by. All you need is an internet connection on your device, the Kidoodle.TV service (only $4.99 per month) and either iOS or Android app to put great content, such as Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake, Ned’s Newt, and much more at your child’s fingertips.
Tips provided by Kidoodle.TV, a company whose mission is to provide an audience-appropriate approach to television and movie viewing by allowing parents and caregivers to tailor content to match family values, and by allowing safe viewing anytime, anywhere.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.