Whether stuck in traffic or on a cross country road trip, the most hated words that can be uttered from the backseat are, “I’m BORED!” We’ve all been there! Thankfully, with a bit of preplanning, you can have great boredom busters on hand to stop those dreaded words in their tracks! Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Make an Eye Spy Bottle: Eye Spy is a great game to keep your kids entertained on the go while also boosting their cognitive thinking as they work to identify objects. Here are easy instructions from Toys in the Dryer.
2. Play Printable Car Bingo: Bingo is a fun game for all ages and a great way for kids to improve their memory and concentration skills. Download and print these great Bingo cards from Spoonful.com.
3. Sewing Cards Activities: Remember doing these as a kid? Print off these adorable DIY sewing cards from Handmade Charlotte.
Best Anti-Aging Hair Care Products
I have always had a thick mane of wild, wavy hair. It bugged me when I was younger because I forever tried to tame it into a blowout on my own instead of owning my waves. I typically save blowouts for the professionals now and go with my natural texture at home, haha! That being ...read more
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
4. Travel Checklist: Maybe bingo isn’t your thing but you enjoy looking out the window? his travel checklist from A Pretty Life to keep kids entertained while you’re in the Suburbs.
5. Magnetic Busy Tray: Make this DIY tray from In Between Laundry and load it up with magnetic letters for tons of letter learning fun.
6. Coloring Pages: Not just for the little ones, these complex and beautiful coloring pages are fun and FREE. Coloring is a great way to keep kids engaged and quiet.
7. Kidoodle.TV on the iPad/iPhone/Android Device: Great, ad-free content makes your road trip fly by. All you need is an internet connection on your device, the Kidoodle.TV service (only $4.99 per month) and either iOS or Android app to put great content, such as Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake, Ned’s Newt, and much more at your child’s fingertips.
Tips provided by Kidoodle.TV, a company whose mission is to provide an audience-appropriate approach to television and movie viewing by allowing parents and caregivers to tailor content to match family values, and by allowing safe viewing anytime, anywhere.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.