Whether stuck in traffic or on a cross country road trip, the most hated words that can be uttered from the backseat are, “I’m BORED!” We’ve all been there! Thankfully, with a bit of preplanning, you can have great boredom busters on hand to stop those dreaded words in their tracks! Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Make an Eye Spy Bottle: Eye Spy is a great game to keep your kids entertained on the go while also boosting their cognitive thinking as they work to identify objects. Here are easy instructions from Toys in the Dryer.
2. Play Printable Car Bingo: Bingo is a fun game for all ages and a great way for kids to improve their memory and concentration skills. Download and print these great Bingo cards from Spoonful.com.
3. Sewing Cards Activities: Remember doing these as a kid? Print off these adorable DIY sewing cards from Handmade Charlotte.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
4. Travel Checklist: Maybe bingo isn’t your thing but you enjoy looking out the window? his travel checklist from A Pretty Life to keep kids entertained while you’re in the Suburbs.
5. Magnetic Busy Tray: Make this DIY tray from In Between Laundry and load it up with magnetic letters for tons of letter learning fun.
6. Coloring Pages: Not just for the little ones, these complex and beautiful coloring pages are fun and FREE. Coloring is a great way to keep kids engaged and quiet.
7. Kidoodle.TV on the iPad/iPhone/Android Device: Great, ad-free content makes your road trip fly by. All you need is an internet connection on your device, the Kidoodle.TV service (only $4.99 per month) and either iOS or Android app to put great content, such as Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake, Ned’s Newt, and much more at your child’s fingertips.
Tips provided by Kidoodle.TV, a company whose mission is to provide an audience-appropriate approach to television and movie viewing by allowing parents and caregivers to tailor content to match family values, and by allowing safe viewing anytime, anywhere.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.