With the kids back in school, it is key to stay on top of the healthy eating. To inspire us with some healthy eating ideas, we discovered some tips from actress and mom, Alison Sweeney, who teamed up with Arnold®/Brownberry® and Oroweat to share some tips to help us feed our bodies better.
- Feel your best with better food. Find meals that go the distance, like a well-built sandwich. Sandwiches make it easy to get the nutritional benefits that will help you feel great. Try Arnold®/Brownberry®/Oroweat® 100% Whole Wheat Bread topped with lean protein and veggies to help boost your performance during a workout.
- Find ways to stay active in your everyday life. Some weeks, I exercise daily and others, I work out as many days as I can! During these busy times, I try to find ways to incorporate physical activity into my schedule, like running around outside with my kids or going for a family hike. Spending quality time with friends and family while staying active allows you to feed your better in more than one way.
- Find a motivation mentor. Whether its a friend, family member or co-worker, find someone who is also striving for positive improvements in life. Having a partner can be so inspiring, and it truly gives you the mutual motivation and energy to push you towards your goal.
- Focus on the end goal of what being healthy means to you. Making healthy choices isnt just a one-time decision - its a lifestyle that will allow you to become an entirely better you. Thats why I love the Feed Your Better Campaign it acknowledges that everyone has their own particular better that can lead to a lifetime of change. Whether its having more energy to keep up with your kids, getting your blood pressure in-check, or completing that 5K race, look at the long-term picture. Keep in mind the wonderful benefits youll reap once you start living well!
- Prepare and plan. Its easy to skip a workout or opt for an unhealthy meal when youre unprepared or in a crunch. Sandwiches made on Arnold®/Brownberry®/Oroweat® whole grain breads are a perfect on-the-go option that never gets boring, and allows you to create something different every day. Or, cut up your favorite fruits and vegetables at night so the next morning, you can grab a snack that holds you accountable to healthy habits and keeps you on-track no excuses!
The Better Sammie
Alison Sweeneys Favorite Sandwich
2 slices of Arnold®/Brownberry®/Oroweat®Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat bread
3 oz. chicken breast, skinless and boneless
½ c. of hummus
¼ c. of fresh basil
4 leaves of romaine lettuce (or substitute kale)
Salt and pepper to taste
Serving Size: 1 serving
Preheat a nonstick griddle or skillet to medium. Grill each side of the chicken breast for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Set aside to cool, then slice chicken into half-inch strips. Mash avocado in a small bowl and spread on one side of one Arnold®/Brownberry®/Oroweat®Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat bread slice. Spread hummus on one side of the other slice. Assemble the sandwich by layering basil, chicken and romaine lettuce or kale. Cut in half and enjoy!
Check out www.feedyourbetter.com for more healthy eating tips
Momtrends was not paid for this post.