It's the understatement of the year to say "travel with kids requires a lot of stuff." Heh. But, as we all know, having the right gear can make a trip go more smoothly. One thing we can't skip or skimp on is a great travel bed for your child. Nothing can make a trip go downhill more quickly than a tired cranky baby or kid.
With your child's rest and your sanity in mind, we've rounded up 7 Great Travel Beds for Babies and Kids.
1. BabyBjorn Travel Crib Light ($300). This travel crib is making its way around Europe with us. We can't resist its incredibly light and compact package - it weighs only 12 pounds!
2. 4Moms Breeze Playard ($300). Not the lightest bed in the bunch, the amazingly quick and simple assembly and disassembly of the Breeze make it worth travel consideration. This is a good pick if you are traveling by car to several destinations.
3. One Step Ahead Tuck-Me-In Travel Bed with Removable Mattress ($80 - 100). Available in a toddler and kid size, this travel bed provides an extra comfortable place to sleep when beds are limited. The bed and mattress inflate separately and there are bumpers for a snug and safe sleep space. Includes tote and pump.
4. GoCrib by Guava Family ($200). Designed with portability in mind, the GoCrib is super light and without metal or plastic components. It takes longer to assemble via air pump than some alternatives, but you can't beat the ability to pack it up and wear it as a backpack when on the go.
5. phil&teds Nest ($85). For the littlest babes, the Nest provides a sweet spot for sleep at home - and everywhere. Perfect for the beach, park or a friend's house, the Nest travel bag has a storage compartment. The bassinet weighs only 5 pounds and folds flat.
6. Joovy Foocot Portable Child Cot ($70). Big kids deserve a dedicated sleep space when you're traveling, too. The Joovy Foocot is great for hotel rooms, cruises and other spaces where beds are at a premium. Why borrow a dirty hotel cot when you can bring your own?
7. Nuna Sena Mini Travel Crib ($150). The smaller version of the clever Sena Travel Crib is suitable for kids up to about 18 months old. It weighs just under 20 pounds and has a pop-up design for easy set up and one hand refold.