Here's the deal: a walker is a great investment when your baby starts cruising. A good walker provides sturdy support for little ones to lean on as they push and cruise around the house; most are recommended for children starting at 12 months. Many walkers do double duty and also serve as a "wagon" so your toddler can move tow toys. Some have built in toys that entertain independent of the walker function. And some even transform from walker to ride on toy to last beyond the early toddling stage. Depending on the brand and features, prices range from $20 to $175 and beyond.
The Best Walkers for Babies and Toddlers
We've rounded up 10 Awesome Walkers for Baby ranging from basic to splurge. Scroll through to check them out.
- 1-2-3 Grow With Me ($120). Transforms from walker to ride on toy to buggy.
- Glodos Flap ($174.99). Sleek modern wooden walker with rubber wheels and fabric cargo area.
- Hape Wonder Walker ($79.78). Non-toxic walker with five built-in activities including knobs, gears and balls.
- Hape Zebra Walker ($59.99). Two cute zebras "gallop" when baby pushes the Hape Educo Walker.
- IKEA EKORRE Toddle Wagon / Walker ($19.99). Affordable modern walker with plenty of room to stow toys.
- Janod Original ABC Buggy Baby Walker with Blocks ($69.99). This colorful walker from French company, Janod, has ABC blocks and an abacus to entertain after baby has mastered walking.
- Manhattan Toy Stow and Go Activity Cart ($67.51). Colorful cart has built-in activities, a sturdy nylon pocket and an anti-tip braking function.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy ($32.95). The brightly colored walker delights baby's senses with alligators that make noise as baby pushes them along.
- PlanToys Baby Walker and Blocks ($56.20). The handle on this PlanToys Walker can be adjusted to different heights and stiffness as baby's walking skills improve. Comes with 24 blocks.
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker ($33.24). Activity panel can be removed from the Walker for play on the floor. Easily attaches to walker for fun on the move.