Chances are you've been digging into pumpkins this week. Now that the brilliant colors of fall are in bloom, it's time to celebrate the pumpkin. Pumpkin and its seeds provide many important nutrients, on top of loads of fun for family and friends. So let's talk up this glorious gourd.
Nutritional Benefits of Pumpkins
- Vitamins: Pumpkin and its seeds contain nutrients such as vitamin C, E, iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, both beta & alpha carotenoids (anti-oxidants which help prevent cell damage), and lutein (support healthy eyes).
- Organ Health: The nutrients in pumpkin and its seeds help support the health of your kidney, bladder and prostate.
- Sickness Prevention: Helps with minimizing osteoporosis, increases digestive health by helping with parasites & tapeworms, and lowering cholesterol.
- Protein: Pumpkin seeds are high in protein.
- General Benefits: Pumpkin seeds help the body get rid of parasites and other unwelcomed digestive inhabitants, and they contain healthy essential fatty acid oils.
- Important Fact: Organic, raw pumpkin seeds will provide you with the most nutrients and enzymes.
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Easy ways to incorporate pumpkin into your diet:
- A handful of raw pumpkin seeds as a snack or mixed with trail mix, on top of cereal.
- Pumpkin seed butter spread on toast.
- Pumpkin pie/desserts/pancakes/waffles.
- Pumpkin baked or browned with spices in risotto, chili, rice, spaghetti and don't forget pumpkin stew.
MORE FALL RECIPES AND DRINKS FROM MOMTRENDS
Be sure to follow Momtrends on Pinterest and for more spooky inspiration follow our Halloween and Thanksgiving Boards here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.