Calling all pizza lovers! Who among us doesn't love the simplicity and joy of a combination of tomato, cheese and dough. I'm not one to disregard tradition, but I do like update old favorites with healthy twists. It's time to rethink your crust and try our favorite cauliflower pizza recipe.
Related: Best pizza and wine pairings
Cauliflower Pizza Ingredients:
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 egg, free range or organic
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Toppings of your choice
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
Our Favorite Cauliflower Pizza Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it’s the consistency of fine crumbles. You can either steam the cauliflower first or use it raw; it works both ways.
- Place the cauliflower in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture from it as possible. Remember, the key is to make a crispy pizza base.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cauliflower and combine with an egg, onion, herbs, spices, olive oil and seasonings. This will be your base.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper, and then flatten the cauliflower base in the center of the tray. Lay a second sheet of baking paper on top and use your palms to flatter. You can also use a rolling pin for this.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until firm and slightly browned.
- Take the base out of the oven and add toppings. Delicious options include mozzarella, broccoli, zucchini slices, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Pop it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
To inspire us with some new ideas, we are excited to share a recipe for Cauliflower Pizza from International Health & Lifestyle Advisor, Jessica Sepel. Author of The Clean Life, Rebuilding Your Relationship with Food, Body and mind, Jessica’s policy to a healthy lifestyle is informed by a well-researched understanding of nutrition, and complemented by a passion to achieve physical and psychological balance. Jessica’s approach towards health and nutrition aims to push people to live the best possible lifestyle, and she believes in order to feel better, we must first be better. Enjoy the recipe and happy Monday!
MORE STAY-IN IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Affordable Trader Joes-Wine
- Grilled summer vegetable hummus pita pizza
- Kids in the kitchen quick and easy mini pizzas
Looking for more food ideas? Check out the Momtrends Recipe Board on Pinterest!