Calling all pizza lovers! Who among us doesn't love the simplicity and joy of a combination of tomato, cheese and dough. I'm not one to disregard tradition, but I do like update old favorites with healthy twists. It's time to rethink your crust and try our favorite cauliflower pizza recipe.
Related: Best pizza and wine pairings
Cauliflower Pizza Ingredients:
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 egg, free range or organic
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Toppings of your choice
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
Our Favorite Cauliflower Pizza Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it’s the consistency of fine crumbles. You can either steam the cauliflower first or use it raw; it works both ways.
- Place the cauliflower in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture from it as possible. Remember, the key is to make a crispy pizza base.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cauliflower and combine with an egg, onion, herbs, spices, olive oil and seasonings. This will be your base.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper, and then flatten the cauliflower base in the center of the tray. Lay a second sheet of baking paper on top and use your palms to flatter. You can also use a rolling pin for this.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until firm and slightly browned.
- Take the base out of the oven and add toppings. Delicious options include mozzarella, broccoli, zucchini slices, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Pop it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
To inspire us with some new ideas, we are excited to share a recipe for Cauliflower Pizza from International Health & Lifestyle Advisor, Jessica Sepel. Author of The Clean Life, Rebuilding Your Relationship with Food, Body and mind, Jessica’s policy to a healthy lifestyle is informed by a well-researched understanding of nutrition, and complemented by a passion to achieve physical and psychological balance. Jessica’s approach towards health and nutrition aims to push people to live the best possible lifestyle, and she believes in order to feel better, we must first be better. Enjoy the recipe and happy Monday!
MORE STAY-IN IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Affordable Trader Joes-Wine
- Grilled summer vegetable hummus pita pizza
- Kids in the kitchen quick and easy mini pizzas
Looking for more food ideas? Check out the Momtrends Recipe Board on Pinterest!