Calling all pizza lovers! Who among us doesn't love the simplicity and joy of a combination of tomato, cheese and dough. I'm not one to disregard tradition, but I do like update old favorites with healthy twists. It's time to rethink your crust and try our favorite cauliflower pizza recipe.
Related: Best pizza and wine pairings
Cauliflower Pizza Ingredients:
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 egg, free range or organic
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Toppings of your choice
Getting Back Quality Time with Family Game Night
Slowing down is a key to happiness. This is something that is both obvious but still very hard to do - especially with our busy lives. During a recent interview with happiness expert, sociologist and parent educator, Dr. Christine Carter I learned some tips on how to focus on ...read more
The Benefits of Creating a Family Fitness Routine
We all know that kids learn best when we model behaviors for them. We can talk all we want about sharing, eating healthy and being kind, but when they see us living these values, they respond. The same goes for fitness. When we make health a priority for ourselves, the kids will ...read more
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Our Favorite Cauliflower Pizza Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it’s the consistency of fine crumbles. You can either steam the cauliflower first or use it raw; it works both ways.
- Place the cauliflower in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture from it as possible. Remember, the key is to make a crispy pizza base.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cauliflower and combine with an egg, onion, herbs, spices, olive oil and seasonings. This will be your base.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper, and then flatten the cauliflower base in the center of the tray. Lay a second sheet of baking paper on top and use your palms to flatter. You can also use a rolling pin for this.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until firm and slightly browned.
- Take the base out of the oven and add toppings. Delicious options include mozzarella, broccoli, zucchini slices, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Pop it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
To inspire us with some new ideas, we are excited to share a recipe for Cauliflower Pizza from International Health & Lifestyle Advisor, Jessica Sepel. Author of The Clean Life, Rebuilding Your Relationship with Food, Body and mind, Jessica’s policy to a healthy lifestyle is informed by a well-researched understanding of nutrition, and complemented by a passion to achieve physical and psychological balance. Jessica’s approach towards health and nutrition aims to push people to live the best possible lifestyle, and she believes in order to feel better, we must first be better. Enjoy the recipe and happy Monday!
MORE STAY-IN IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Affordable Trader Joes-Wine
- Grilled summer vegetable hummus pita pizza
- Kids in the kitchen quick and easy mini pizzas
Looking for more food ideas? Check out the Momtrends Recipe Board on Pinterest!