When given the option, I usually choose a crisp glass of rosé, a white-wine spritzer, or a refreshingly fruity cocktail on a hot summer afternoon or balmy evening. But, every once in a while, I crave a icy cold summer beer. Something light, fizzy, and thirst-quenching... Nothing too heavy or hoppy; maybe a lager with a touch of citrus or a sweet fruity infusion.
Keep Cool with Our Favorite Summer Beers
My number one favorite: Brooklyn Summer Ale. It's my ideal of wheat and malt flavors with floral accents. Give me a NYC sunset and a Brooklyn summer—and I'm one happy lady.
I've rounded up my five top picks for summer beers—from the traditional to the totally unique... Cheers!
Getting Back Quality Time with Family Game Night
Slowing down is a key to happiness. This is something that is both obvious but still very hard to do - especially with our busy lives. During a recent interview with happiness expert, sociologist and parent educator, Dr. Christine Carter I learned some tips on how to focus on ...read more
The Benefits of Creating a Family Fitness Routine
We all know that kids learn best when we model behaviors for them. We can talk all we want about sharing, eating healthy and being kind, but when they see us living these values, they respond. The same goes for fitness. When we make health a priority for ourselves, the kids will ...read more
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Our Five Favorite Summer Beers
- Poolside Ale: I admit it... I judge a book by its cover and a beer by its packaging. And this cute design has me smitten. But the slight cherry taste also wins me over!
- Red Stripe: Close your eyes, and you'll think you're on a Jamaican island. This classic Caribbean beer is refreshing and crisp on a blazing hot day.
- Brooklyn Summer Ale: I'm partial to this one since it's made in Brooklyn, home of Momtrends and The Shopping Mama. Still, this cold varietal is as deliciously smooth as they get.
- Pacifico: Served with a lime wedge, this Mexican beer is a sight for sore eyes and a taste for thirsty tongues.
- Narragansett Shandy: It's like a frozen lemonade and beer in one—what's not to love?!
MORE COCKTAILS AND ENTERTAINING IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.