When given the option, I usually choose a crisp glass of rosé, a white-wine spritzer, or a refreshingly fruity cocktail on a hot summer afternoon or balmy evening. But, every once in a while, I crave a icy cold summer beer. Something light, fizzy, and thirst-quenching... Nothing too heavy or hoppy; maybe a lager with a touch of citrus or a sweet fruity infusion.
Keep Cool with Our Favorite Summer Beers
My number one favorite: Brooklyn Summer Ale. It's my ideal of wheat and malt flavors with floral accents. Give me a NYC sunset and a Brooklyn summer—and I'm one happy lady.
I've rounded up my five top picks for summer beers—from the traditional to the totally unique... Cheers!
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman
If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Our Five Favorite Summer Beers
- Poolside Ale: I admit it... I judge a book by its cover and a beer by its packaging. And this cute design has me smitten. But the slight cherry taste also wins me over!
- Red Stripe: Close your eyes, and you'll think you're on a Jamaican island. This classic Caribbean beer is refreshing and crisp on a blazing hot day.
- Brooklyn Summer Ale: I'm partial to this one since it's made in Brooklyn, home of Momtrends and The Shopping Mama. Still, this cold varietal is as deliciously smooth as they get.
- Pacifico: Served with a lime wedge, this Mexican beer is a sight for sore eyes and a taste for thirsty tongues.
- Narragansett Shandy: It's like a frozen lemonade and beer in one—what's not to love?!
MORE COCKTAILS AND ENTERTAINING IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.