Looking for a classic way to warm up this winter? Try ourHot Buttered Rum recipe and mocktail. This drink is so creamy and delicious. I love all the flavors of the spices and rum together. I feel like I should be sipping it in front of a fireplace or building a snowman with the kids (alas, I live in Arizona, a girl can dream though).
Our kids love this yummy creamy drink too, so of course we offer a mocktail version for your littles to enjoy as well. This recipe is easy to make into a big batch for family or friends at your next party or get-together.
This warm cocktail is perfect for a chilly winter night. Cozy up with your loved ones, trim the tree, laugh, sing, and warm up with this classic winter cocktail.
Creamy Hot Buttered Rum Ingredients
*serves about 4-6, depending on mug size
Best Anti-Aging Hair Care Products
I have always had a thick mane of wild, wavy hair. It bugged me when I was younger because I forever tried to tame it into a blowout on my own instead of owning my waves. I typically save blowouts for the professionals now and go with my natural texture at home, haha! That being ...read more
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rum extract (for Mocktail version)
Creamy Hot Buttered Rum Directions
- In a medium sauce pot melt your butter over medium low heat.
- Add in the 2 sugars, vanilla and spices.
- Stir all together and let simmer for a few mins.
- Whisk in your water and let simmer on low for a few mins.
- Then whisk in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- In individual mugs add as much rum as you desire (or small splash of rum extract for the mocktail version, easy peasy).
- Ladle in the hot creamy butter mixture into your mug.
- Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
This can easily be transferred to a crockpot for keeping warm during a party.
MORE FAVORITE HOLIDAY DRINKS
- Cranberry cocktail recipe
- White hot chocolate peppermint cocktail
- Cranberry sangria spritzer cocktail recipe
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Please drink responsibly.