Looking for a classic way to warm up this winter? Try ourHot Buttered Rum recipe and mocktail. This drink is so creamy and delicious. I love all the flavors of the spices and rum together. I feel like I should be sipping it in front of a fireplace or building a snowman with the kids (alas, I live in Arizona, a girl can dream though).
Our kids love this yummy creamy drink too, so of course we offer a mocktail version for your littles to enjoy as well. This recipe is easy to make into a big batch for family or friends at your next party or get-together.
This warm cocktail is perfect for a chilly winter night. Cozy up with your loved ones, trim the tree, laugh, sing, and warm up with this classic winter cocktail.
Creamy Hot Buttered Rum Ingredients
*serves about 4-6, depending on mug size
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Women’s Ski World Cup Returns to Killington 2021
In our house, we celebrate the arrival of winter, and we love girls who ski fast! I'm so excited that World Cup skiing is returning to the East Coast. Killington 2021 Women’s Ski World Cup Tickets are on sale now. We attended the races two years ago and the experience was ...read more
Opening Days for Colorado Ski Resorts
Today I put the snow tires back on my SUV, and that means ski season is coming. In fact, I can see snow at the top of Lincoln Peak here in Sugarbush. And there's more news, out West, they are already open at A-Basin. Here's the scoop on openings as you start to plan your ski ...read more
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rum extract (for Mocktail version)
Creamy Hot Buttered Rum Directions
- In a medium sauce pot melt your butter over medium low heat.
- Add in the 2 sugars, vanilla and spices.
- Stir all together and let simmer for a few mins.
- Whisk in your water and let simmer on low for a few mins.
- Then whisk in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- In individual mugs add as much rum as you desire (or small splash of rum extract for the mocktail version, easy peasy).
- Ladle in the hot creamy butter mixture into your mug.
- Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
This can easily be transferred to a crockpot for keeping warm during a party.
MORE FAVORITE HOLIDAY DRINKS
- Cranberry cocktail recipe
- White hot chocolate peppermint cocktail
- Cranberry sangria spritzer cocktail recipe
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Please drink responsibly.