Looking for a classic way to warm up this winter? Try ourHot Buttered Rum recipe and mocktail. This drink is so creamy and delicious. I love all the flavors of the spices and rum together. I feel like I should be sipping it in front of a fireplace or building a snowman with the kids (alas, I live in Arizona, a girl can dream though).
Our kids love this yummy creamy drink too, so of course we offer a mocktail version for your littles to enjoy as well. This recipe is easy to make into a big batch for family or friends at your next party or get-together.
This warm cocktail is perfect for a chilly winter night. Cozy up with your loved ones, trim the tree, laugh, sing, and warm up with this classic winter cocktail.
Creamy Hot Buttered Rum Ingredients
*serves about 4-6, depending on mug size
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rum extract (for Mocktail version)
Creamy Hot Buttered Rum Directions
- In a medium sauce pot melt your butter over medium low heat.
- Add in the 2 sugars, vanilla and spices.
- Stir all together and let simmer for a few mins.
- Whisk in your water and let simmer on low for a few mins.
- Then whisk in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- In individual mugs add as much rum as you desire (or small splash of rum extract for the mocktail version, easy peasy).
- Ladle in the hot creamy butter mixture into your mug.
- Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
This can easily be transferred to a crockpot for keeping warm during a party.
MORE FAVORITE HOLIDAY DRINKS
- Cranberry cocktail recipe
- White hot chocolate peppermint cocktail
- Cranberry sangria spritzer cocktail recipe
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Please drink responsibly.