Looking for something a little different to serve this holiday season? Skip the traditional eggnog and instead serve up a batch of this hot apple cider nog - all the creamy goodness that you love of eggnog but with the added sweetness and seasonal touch of hot apple cider. Mmmmmm....
Related: Boozy salted caramel apple cocktail
This is practically dessert in a cup and perfect for a cold evening get-together. If needed, you can make this nog non-alcoholic for kids or other non-drinkers by leaving out the bourbon. Otherwise, leave it in for how the bourbon balances the sweetness of the cider and adds to the warm-belly feeling.
Holiday Hot Apple Cider Nog Ingredients
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Optional garnishes - cinnamon sticks, apple slices, freshly grated nutmeg
Holiday Hot Apple Cider Nog Directions
- Whisk together first 8 ingredients (half-and-half through salt) in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens and coats a spoon (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in bourbon, if desired. Top each serving with whipped cream. Garnish, if desired. Makes about 5 cups.
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? The hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to the Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko and had five days of mountain adventures. I ...read more
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
Don't these look so tasty?? I mean, that one in the Moscow mule mug...#allthehearteyes
Have leftover apple cider? Check out this post of other delicious ways to use up the rest of the bottle.