This week, I made a Grilled Summer Vegetable Pita Pizza recipe that I found on Sabra's website. I love the many taste profiles of hummus. It is easy to make, but it also has an amazingly rich taste that makes it wonderful as a stand-alone dip with a sandwich or incorporated into a variety of meals. On top of being delicious and an incredible form of protein, I also love that both of my kids eat it (with no arguments), so we tend to eat a lot of hummus during the week.
Related: Inspiring summer food boards
Although I love to make hummus myself, I don't always have the time so I rely on easy-to-locate and wholesome brands like Sabra. A company that started in Queens, Sabra started with the simple mission of bringing the healthy and delicious cuisine of the Mediterranean to people's everyday diets through delicious foods like hummus, eggplant dips, babaganoush spreads, and vegetarian sides. The company now has over 17 different types of hummus, and continues to expand their line with a new range of delicious, fresh dips like salsa, guacamole, and Greek yogurt veggie dips.
This week, I wanted to make a simple dinner incorporating fresh vegetables from my local farmers market that resulted in a quick and beyond delicious dinner. I loved how easy this recipe was and how unique the flavors were - even though it was basically just grilled veggies and hummus. I also incorporated some ricotta cheese as a topping for as simple addition to the summertime menu that is sure to be a hit with your family.
Dinner with a View Brooklyn Bridge Park Estuary
Brooklyn keeps its cool vibe by continually updating the landscape. The constant flux of restaurants and entertainment keeps our community vibrant and one of my favorite things about where I live is getting the chance to explore. My latest adventure was for a dinner with a view ...read more
Get Ready for Summer Tea Collection Sale
Even if we all have to stay local, summer is going strong. As you head to the pool or day camp you might have noticed your kids GREW during the past year. Just in time for summer, Tea Collection is rolling out a big deal on swimwear and graphic tees for kids. I've enlisted some ...read more
The Key to a Great Overnight Oat Recipe
Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to ...read more
Grilled Summer Vegetable Hummus Pita Pizza Ingredients:
- 1½ cups summer squash (about 2 medium sized) yellow and/or green
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 (6") round pitas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta (optional)
- black pepper and salt to taste
Grilled Summer Vegetable Hummus Pita Pizza
- Slice summer squash in ¼ inch rounds. Place in bowl and add 2 tbsp. olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Peel and cut red onion in half.
- Then slice with the grain in 1/2 inch wedges. Repeat with second half. Place in bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and combine.
- Cut tomatoes in half and slice in 4-6 half moon wedges. Repeat with second half. Place in bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt and combine.
- Grill summer squash about 4 minutes on each side. Grill onions about 5 minutes, rotating once. Grill tomatoes about 5 minutes rotating once.
- Warm pita on the grill about 3 minutes each side. Once warm, remove the pita from the heat and slather with about 1/2 cup Sabra Hummus.
- Top with summer squash rounds, tomatoes and onions. Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy as a light summer meal or appetizer for entertaining.
What are you cooking this week?
MORE FOOD IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to plan your meals and save new recipes. Be sure to to follow our Recipes to Inspire board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.