This week, I made a Grilled Summer Vegetable Pita Pizza recipe that I found on Sabra's website. I love the many taste profiles of hummus. It is easy to make, but it also has an amazingly rich taste that makes it wonderful as a stand-alone dip with a sandwich or incorporated into a variety of meals. On top of being delicious and an incredible form of protein, I also love that both of my kids eat it (with no arguments), so we tend to eat a lot of hummus during the week.
Related: Inspiring summer food boards
Although I love to make hummus myself, I don't always have the time so I rely on easy-to-locate and wholesome brands like Sabra. A company that started in Queens, Sabra started with the simple mission of bringing the healthy and delicious cuisine of the Mediterranean to people's everyday diets through delicious foods like hummus, eggplant dips, babaganoush spreads, and vegetarian sides. The company now has over 17 different types of hummus, and continues to expand their line with a new range of delicious, fresh dips like salsa, guacamole, and Greek yogurt veggie dips.
This week, I wanted to make a simple dinner incorporating fresh vegetables from my local farmers market that resulted in a quick and beyond delicious dinner. I loved how easy this recipe was and how unique the flavors were - even though it was basically just grilled veggies and hummus. I also incorporated some ricotta cheese as a topping for as simple addition to the summertime menu that is sure to be a hit with your family.
Best Anti-Aging Hair Care Products
I have always had a thick mane of wild, wavy hair. It bugged me when I was younger because I forever tried to tame it into a blowout on my own instead of owning my waves. I typically save blowouts for the professionals now and go with my natural texture at home, haha! That being ...read more
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
Grilled Summer Vegetable Hummus Pita Pizza Ingredients:
- 1½ cups summer squash (about 2 medium sized) yellow and/or green
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 (6") round pitas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta (optional)
- black pepper and salt to taste
Grilled Summer Vegetable Hummus Pita Pizza
- Slice summer squash in ¼ inch rounds. Place in bowl and add 2 tbsp. olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Peel and cut red onion in half.
- Then slice with the grain in 1/2 inch wedges. Repeat with second half. Place in bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and combine.
- Cut tomatoes in half and slice in 4-6 half moon wedges. Repeat with second half. Place in bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt and combine.
- Grill summer squash about 4 minutes on each side. Grill onions about 5 minutes, rotating once. Grill tomatoes about 5 minutes rotating once.
- Warm pita on the grill about 3 minutes each side. Once warm, remove the pita from the heat and slather with about 1/2 cup Sabra Hummus.
- Top with summer squash rounds, tomatoes and onions. Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy as a light summer meal or appetizer for entertaining.
What are you cooking this week?
MORE FOOD IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to plan your meals and save new recipes. Be sure to to follow our Recipes to Inspire board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.