If you are like us, you love the holidays but can also feel run ragged. In between school performances, shopping, work and the kids, it is enough to make anyone feel overwhelmed. To help us out this holiday season we have gathered up our best holiday organizing tips to get us through the holiday season.
Tips to Get Organized this Holiday Season
- Keep a Calendar. While I love a good digital calendar, it's important to take a look at the month at a glance. I recommend a wall calendar so everyone in the family can see it. Don't forget important dates like free shipping day--Monday,December 14th.
- Donate and Purge. Now is the time to de-clutter and organize before the onslaught of food and gifts. The need is great right now and it feels terrific to give back. Use this organizational post to start your cleanup before the new toys, clothes and goodies roll in.
- Generate Lists to Share. I am a convert to the gift registry idea. I use the Giftster App to share lists with my family. This app will help keep track of great gift ideas and efficiently organize holiday shopping trips so you're not exhausted and don't waste money on gifts that won't be appreciated.
- Label and Sort Everything. From Christmas decor to stocking stuffers, make sure you have a spot for everything. There's nothing worse that not being able to find the gifts you've hidden for the kids. First, get a few good hiding spots for gifts you are giving and secure them. Next get a system down for your holiday decor. I know people might mock me, but I have wrapping paper storage, ornament storage and storage for my wreaths. Investing in these makes holiday set up and clean up so much easier.
- Use Pinterest to start planning your menus. Use a board to collect holiday recipes, plan and collaborate on holiday menus with friends and family, and make holiday grocery shopping more efficient. Start with our Holiday fun parties recipes crafts board and then personalize your picks.
I hope these tips help streamline your holiday planning and organizing so you can accomplish more, in less time and with effort.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
MORE HOLIDAYS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Write the perfect letter to Santa.
- Make a DIY Grinch Ornament
- 4 Holiday Gift Wrapping Hacks
- Free Holiday Hang Tag Printables
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.