If you are like us, you love the holidays but can also feel run ragged. In between school performances, shopping, work and the kids, it is enough to make anyone feel overwhelmed. To help us out this holiday season we have gathered up our best holiday organizing tips to get us through the holiday season.
Tips to Get Organized this Holiday Season
- Keep a Calendar. While I love a good digital calendar, it's important to take a look at the month at a glance. I recommend a wall calendar so everyone in the family can see it. Don't forget important dates like free shipping day--Monday,December 14th.
- Donate and Purge. Now is the time to de-clutter and organize before the onslaught of food and gifts. The need is great right now and it feels terrific to give back. Use this organizational post to start your cleanup before the new toys, clothes and goodies roll in.
- Generate Lists to Share. I am a convert to the gift registry idea. I use the Giftster App to share lists with my family. This app will help keep track of great gift ideas and efficiently organize holiday shopping trips so you're not exhausted and don't waste money on gifts that won't be appreciated.
- Label and Sort Everything. From Christmas decor to stocking stuffers, make sure you have a spot for everything. There's nothing worse that not being able to find the gifts you've hidden for the kids. First, get a few good hiding spots for gifts you are giving and secure them. Next get a system down for your holiday decor. I know people might mock me, but I have wrapping paper storage, ornament storage and storage for my wreaths. Investing in these makes holiday set up and clean up so much easier.
- Use Pinterest to start planning your menus. Use a board to collect holiday recipes, plan and collaborate on holiday menus with friends and family, and make holiday grocery shopping more efficient. Start with our Holiday fun parties recipes crafts board and then personalize your picks.
I hope these tips help streamline your holiday planning and organizing so you can accomplish more, in less time and with effort.
MORE HOLIDAYS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Write the perfect letter to Santa.
- Make a DIY Grinch Ornament
- 4 Holiday Gift Wrapping Hacks
- Free Holiday Hang Tag Printables
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.