Time to slow down and enjoy the season. If it's not done now, it's likely not going to happen. Here are some of our favorite ways to find the festive. Try one of these and see if you can't get merrier and brighter.
Five Ways to Find Christmas Spirit Today
While holiday shopping can make me feel merry, there are loads of ways to get into the spirit of the season that are less expensive. Try one of these ideas to put joy in your heart and to connect with the less commercial side of the season.
- Donate to charity. Yesterday we took a CRV load full of toys and clothing to the Salvation Army. There's nothing like giving back to remember the real meaning of the season. If you can't write a check, it's always meaningful to donate goods and services.
- See some lights. Head out for a neighborhood walk or drive. Our tradition is to head to the Dyker Heights neighborhood in Brooklyn to see the decorations. Seeing these elaborate displays always puts some jolly in my holiday. And you can do it from a safe distance.
- Bake something. Start with my tried-and-true sugar cookie recipe. Bake an extra batch and donate them to the local food pantry or some neighbors that won't be baking this year.
- See a festive movie. This is our classic list of Christmas flicks to get you inspired. Make sure everyone is in Christmas-y pajamas and gather pillows and blankets for a movie night.
- Sip something fun. If all else fails, make a fire, turn on some holiday music and sip a cocktail. Here's some inspiration. And since many moms are skipping cocktails, did you know there are 31 ways you can make hot chocolate special? Try a new one of them each day of the break.
How Do You Know When To Stop Coloring Gray Hair
Things are a-changing. Seasons. Leaves. Hair. As I watched summer blend into fall and trees turn into rainbows of color, I was also thinking about changing up my hair color. And no I don't mean rainbows. It's was time to trade in the warm brown tones and golden highlights for ...read more
Plan a Visit to the Winter Village in Bryant Park
It's no secret that I love winter. When other moms are worried about what to do what the weather turns cold, I'm brimming with ideas. Bryant Park offers families a terrific way to get outside right in the middle of New York City. Winter might be my favorite time to plan a visit ...read more
Find Out the Improvements to the Epson FastFoto Scanner
Back in 2016 Epson sent us a pretty cool scanner to test out called the FastFoto. My family was quickly convinced that this high speed photo scanner was an awesome way to save our cherished family memories. The FastFoto scanner was a way to convert old photos to crisp digital ...read more
MORE HOLIDAYS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Write the perfect letter to Santa.
- Make a DIY Grinch Ornament
- 4 Holiday Gift Wrapping Hacks
- Free Holiday Hang Tag Printables
Use Pinterest to save your favorite gift ideas. Be sure to follow our Holiday Recipes and Crafts board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.