My new Vizsla puppy has been with us for nearly two weeks and we're totally in love. We are knee-deep into potty training and we are using a crate to help everyone in the family. A dog crate is an essential training tool. They need to be sturdy and safe. I know finding the perfect crate can take time, so let me help do some of the research for you.
Related: Are you ready for a puppy
Eight Dog Crates to Consider for your Home
Ready to make a little home for your puppy or dog? A crate can keep them safe and secure and help move potty training along.
- Ginny Pet Crate. This one comes in 4 colors. Made of Ecoflex, a non-toxic recycled plastic-wood polymer composite material that won't warp, crack or split. It doesn't absorb liquid or odor. Wipes clean. Momtrends Note: This is NOT chew proof, so probably not great for a puppy.
- MidWest iCrate Starter Kit. This crate has been a staple for years. In fact, the crate we have now is from MidWest and we got it used. This starter kit is perfect for your new pup. It comes with the crate, crate cover, dog bowls and pet bed. Plus a 1-Year Warranty on ALL Items. Everything you need arrives in 1 carton so you can enjoy more time with your new family member! Available in six sizes.
- Brooke Credenza. If you want to design your crate to fit into your decore, try this one. Warning, it's expensive, but it comes in 23 colors. Their crate is also designed to be a functional piece of furniture, whether it be a credenza, sideboard, accent table or a new TV console. These crates come in several sizes to fit your needs. All dog crates are sized to fit existing floor trays and dog beds. Their offer single wide, double wide, double-wide with a divider and a corner.
- Revol. This easy to set up crate is a great alternative to the metal version. It's more attractive and I love that it is collapsible and easy to set up, transport, and store. Revol's design, inspired by baby industry quality standards, incorporates premium materials and ergonomic, easy-to-use doors. Puppy divider included.
- PUPZO Heavy Duty Dog Cage Crate If you've got a chewer, check out this carbon steel crate on wheels. It's made in five sizes.
- Kindtail. This super cute crate is for small dogs. If beauty matters most, you'll love the KindTail homes. They come in fashionable colors and will look perfect in your home. Available in two sizes.
- Etsy. This modern crate is handcrafted in the Ukraine and designed for medium dog breeds. It can be closed off with one simple added boundary.
- Moderno. This is the one I plan to order when Kingsley gets a little bigger. It's a sleek and sturdy design with visibility for my guy. The pad is sold separately and is $89. Save 20% with code SIGNU20 here.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
Now let me know which crate you picked and how it's working.
More Puppy Love from Momtrends
Use Pinterest to save your favorite pet tips and be sure to follow our Puppy Love board here.
We were not paid for this post.