We are working hard at our New Year's goal of meal planning in advance. I asked for suggestions from the husband and the children where I was happy to discover some workable ideas. The children wanted a favorite pork chop recipe, spaghetti, and roasted chicken. The husband agreed with the spaghetti and also suggested Pad Thai, then mentioned how he wouldn't mind kung pao chicken or beef.
Related: How to cook tatsoi
Oddly enough, I hadn't made it before, but my mom had just mentioned it in a conversation, so mom to the rescue! She sent me a favorite recipe for a quick and easy Kung Pao Beef, and mentioned that the red pepper can be adjusted for hotter or milder tastes.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
Easy Kung Pao Beef Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Easy Kung Pao Beef Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Add steak and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Add steak mixture and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until steak is cooked through, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and scallions, and serve over steamed rice.
This is also great with chicken, just make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly, which may take longer than 5-7 minutes.
MORE FOOD TRENDS FROM MOMTRENDS
- The Smoothie Project
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- 10 Hearty Breakfast Recipes to Make in Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes ideas. Be sure to follow our Recipes to Inspire Board here.