This summer, Betty Crocker is bringing back the original fun food on a stick- frozen pops! They are making a splash this summer as the cool, delicious and just plain fun must-have homemade recipes to enjoy while playing under the sun.
Related: 6 must try watermelon recipes
Summer Pop with DIY Frozen Treats
To celebrate one of the season's most popular food trends and to excite food lovers looking to add DIY fun to their summertime party menus, Betty Crocker has created 12 easy-to-make frozen pop recipes, from simple fruit and yogurt to adult-only cocktail pops, that only call for a few simple ingredients, a pop mold and a stick.
The culinary experts at Betty Crocker Kitchens have put extra hours into perfecting these frozen pops recipes so you can spend more fun time in the sun! Check out the following helpful tips before diving in to a summer full of delicious ice pops:
- Cool as ice: Remember to check the temperature of the freezer before placing pops inside to freeze. The temperature should be zero degrees or colder to allow the pops to freeze solid. Place the pops in the back of the freezer where it is coldest and enjoy your pops (remember to share!) within the first few days of creation.
- Mold it right! Small paper cups are a great option for do-it-yourself pop molds. Simply fill, cover tops with foil and insert a stick before freezing. To remove pops from cups, snip the top of the cups with scissors, tear the cups away from each pop and voila! ! You will have a perfectly shaped pop ready to serve!
- Add a personal touch: Use colorful straws, lollipop sticks or different shapes of wooden craft sticks to add a customized fun flair or to differentiate for summertime party guests.
A Dozen Popsicle Recipes to Make Summer Delicious
Whether you want to share your patriotic side with a Red, White and Blueberry Lemonade Pop at a Fourth of July party or stick to your summer health kick with a Strawberry Green Smoothie Pop, these flavorful pops are the perfect complement to the summer season, with something for everyone gathered around the beach towel or picnic table:
Color Popsicle Recipes
- Red, White and Blueberry Lemonade Pops: These red, white and blue layered fruity lemonade pops are an ice cream truck favorite. Simply freeze layers of berries, lemonade and creamy Yoplait yogurt in pop molds to enjoy this pop during your festive Fourth of July party, or all summer long.
- Fresh Fruit Fro-Yo Pops: Three simple ingredients is all it takes to make homemade fro-yo pops. The color and flavor depend on the fresh summer fruit used, get creative and try different combinations.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
Kid Popsicle Recipes
- Strawberry Green Smoothie Pops: This multi-layered yogurt smoothie pop will be a hit with smoothie lovers. Green smoothies are popular right now, paired with a classic strawberry smoothie and then layered together, this recipe makes for a delicious and colorful pop.
- Crazy Carrot Pops: This mango, carrot juice and spinach pop is a delicious way to get kids (and adults) to eat their fruits and veggies this summer.
Boozy Popsicle Recipes
- Berry White Sangria Pops: Cool off with this cocktail pop that combines a smooth mix of white wine, orange liqueur and fresh berries.
- Watermelon Mojito Cocktail Pops: A spin on the classic mojito, this frozen and refreshing poptail is made with sweet watermelon, light rum, lime juice and fresh mint.
Chocolate Popsicle Recipes
- Double Chocolate Swirl Pops: White and dark chocolate swirl together in this indulgent new take on the classic fudge pop.
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Pops: These creamy coconut pops are dipped in a chocolate shell and studded with toasted coconut.
Tea Popsicle Recipes
- Cherry Hibiscus Tea Pop: These vibrant red pops, or paletas, get their amazing color and flavor from hibiscus tea and chunks of sweet cherries.
- Peach Chai Spice Tea Pops: Make iced tea even cooler this summer and try this tea pop made with chai spice tea, fresh peaches and a touch of honey.
Dessert Popsicle Recipes
- Lemon Meringue Pie Pops:This frozen take on lemon meringue pie has a graham cracker crust, creamy lemon filling and a fluffy topping that will have pie lovers coming back for seconds (or thirds).
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Pops: Decadent cheesecake takes pop form with layers of dulce de leche and crunchy cinnamon cereal, a favorite dessert hits the freezer.
MORE RECIPES FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Recipes to Inspire board.