Move over PSL. We've got some new cool-weather coffee drinks we're eyeing over here featuring spices like cinnamon, cayenne and ginger. In addition to tasting good, adding spices to your diet has lots of benefits from head to toe, inside to out. So why not get a few of these goodies in your daily joe? Ingredients and recipes below - just add a cozy sweater and a good book.
Related: Cold coffee drink favorites
Recently, I upgraded from my trusty French Press to the Ninja Coffee Bar Brewing System for three reasons. First, I read that drinking unfiltered coffee (like a French Press) can raise your bad cholesterol - and mine had just clocked in high! Second, after many years of begging and wishing, my husband started drinking coffee. Hurrah! But also, now we needed more joe to share in the morning. And finally, because I read Mandy's review of the Ninja Coffee Bar and knew it was the machine for me! See, those Momtrends writers really do report on the best products! ;)
I love this coffee machine for a lot of reasons, but one is the versatility. You can choose from four different coffee sizes - cup, travel mug, half carafe, or full carafe - as well as four different coffee strengths - Classic, Rich, Over Ice or Specialty. So whether I'm making a specialty drink just for me or a pot to share with my husband or just need a bit of espresso for a dessert recipe, the machine adapts with ease.
Here are 3 new spiced cold-weather coffee recipes from the Ninja Coffee Bar recipe book I'll be trying this season. How yummy do these look?
Mexican Spiced Coffee
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
Size: Half Carafe setting
- Following the measurements provided, stir together the ground coffee, cinnamon, chili powder, and cayenne pepper; place into the brew basket.
- Set the carafe in place to brew.
- Select the Half Carafe size; press the Rich Brew button.
- While coffee is brewing, whip heavy cream with cocoa and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form.
- When brew is complete, pour coffee into 2 mugs and top each with the whipped cream.
Amazing Breastfeeding Accessories for Mom
As a breastfeeding mama I'm always on the lookout for stylish and functional accessories. Chewbeads and NuRoo offer moms products that pull double duty! Add an extra layer of style while also keeping it functional with Chewbeads necklaces and NuRoo nursing scarves. Both of ...read more
Gender Neutral Nursery Color Schemes
Your family is about to bring a new person into the world, and you want to share a bright, open and welcoming world with your little one. Leave the stereotypes and generalizations behind and let your child enjoy a warm, loving nursery decorated thoughtfully by you and your ...read more
Create a Farm Themed Gender Neutral Nursery
The farmhouse chic trend is taking over nursery design and we couldn't be more thrilled. I'm over the overtly showy rooms filled with glitz and glam. This return to sweetness and simplicity feels just right. One of our favorite homewares shop, West Elm, has created the ultimate ...read more
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons crushed cinnamon graham crackers
Size: Cup setting
- Following the measurement above, place the ground coffee into the brew basket.
- Place cinnamon, molasses, and honey into a mug; set mug in place to brew.
- Select the Cup size; press the Classic Brew button.
- While coffee is brewing, place half & half, marshmallow topping, and vanilla extract into the glass jar of the Ninja Easy Frother™. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Remove from microwave, secure lid, and pump the Frother 10 times. Or use a small microwave-safe jar with lid; secure lid, shake half & half mixture until foamy, remove lid, and microwave on High for 1 minute until mixture is hot and froth is set.
- When brew is complete, stir to combine, then gently pour frothed mixture into coffee. Sprinkle with crushed cinnamon graham crackers.
Silk Road Coffee
- 4 tablespoons ground coffee
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon French vanilla syrup
- Cracked black pepper, for garnish
Size: Cup setting
- Following the measurements provided, stir together the ground coffee and spices; place into the brew basket.
- Set a mug in place to brew.
- Press the Specialty button.
- While coffee is brewing, place milk and vanilla syrup into a large mug.
- When brew is complete, stir to combine.
- Microwave milk mixture for 30 to 45 seconds. Froth for 30 seconds according to frothing instructions in the Owner’s Guide.
- Gently pour frothed mixture into coffee and sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
Find these and other coffee recipes at www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/. Happy sipping!
MORE IDEAS FOR MOMTRENDS COFFEE LOVERS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite caffeine inspiration. Be sure to follow our Coffee board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. Affiliate links included.