We're renovating an apartment in the city and adding a flatscreen TV. I'm very concerned about safely mounting this monstrous (and expensive) device. Number 1 fear? It falls on one of the girls. Number 2 fear? It falls off the wall and we are out thousands of dollars. Sanus has solutions.
I'm working with Sanus (and using it in our home!) as an advocate mounting of flat panel TVs. Most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. While TVs have gotten thinner and lighter, they are still subject to tipping when bumped or pulled. If you simply place a TV on a table you might be risking an accident if it topples off causing injury or even death.
Wall mounting is a better idea than placing the TV on furniture. SANUS is the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts. The brand is working with Safe Kids Worldwide to educate consumers about this often overlooked household risk.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
• A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
• Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
• Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
• An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
• Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
You can see the evidence is mounting! I have enough things to worry about with safety, Picking a wall mount takes one worry out of my head. Plus, I love the look of a TV placed like a picture on a wall. It's one fewer piece of bulky furniture in your living room. Aesthetically, a wall mount is clean and pleasing to the eye. A complete line of mounts are available for any AV need in the home or office - wall mounts, ceiling mounts, iPad mounts and more. All of our sleek, state-of-the-art mounting solutions are engineered with top industry technologies.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
• Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
• Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
• No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
• Live customer support available 6 days a week
Check out the SANUS TV Safety Video:
Compensation was provided by Sanus. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sanus.