4th of July is a terrific holiday! You don't have to spend a mint! Picnicking and family time are not pricey. Here are some ideas for " Frugal & Fabulous Patriotic Entertainment" from Clarky Davis, The Debt Diva.
* Attend your local community fireworks display instead of purchasing your own fireworks '?? this is a cheaper and safer alternative.
* If you live in the capital city of your home state, swing by the capitol building for old fashioned Independence Day activities such as tours, historic demonstrations and concerts.
* No matter where you live, there'??s likely to be a free community parade that you won'??t want to miss! If not, host a parade in your neighborhood. Children can decorate their bikes and wagons with red and silver garland left over from the Christmas holiday, and create flags with construction paper and crayons.
* If you enjoy the outdoors, head to your local park for parent /child fishing tournaments and festive games with family and friends.
* For crafty kids, you can find many great July 4th craft ideas as well as free activities, printable coloring pages, and word searches at Kaboose.com. If you don'??t have a home computer, stop by your local public library to access the Internet.
* Everyone loves those old favorite relay contests that provide fun, physical activity for kids and entertainment for adults. Remember the egg and spoon races, three legged races and water balloon relay races. For more relay race ideas, check out Amazing Moms.