When my older daughter was a baby I was searching for a new mom group and stumbled upon a weekly meet-up at Birth Day Presence. It was a wonderful place in the community where I could meet new parents where my then baby would play, crawl and eventually walk. In a few weeks, the company is now celebrating their 10th anniversary with a Halloween party and a neighborhood swap of clothing and gear for Maternity through 6 years of age and a performance from Amelia Robinson of Mil's Trills.
Latham Thomas will also be in attendance who will talk with expecting Moms about how to have a radiant pregnancy as well as share tips from her new book "MamaGlow"(out in November).
Here are some more exciting events happening at this fun community event!
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Parmesan and Prosciutto Toast
Nashville star Kimberly Williams-Paisley may play a drama queen on Nashville, but in real life she embraces moderation. Last week I sat down for a chat with Kimberly and got to nibble on dark chocolate while learning about the fine art of moderation. She shared a fall Creamy ...read more
- MIL'S TRILLS - local kids favorite Amelia and her ukelele, plus band!
- A healthy pregnancy with LATHAM THOMAS of MAMA GLOW
- Premier your HALLOWEEN COSTUME - contest for the kiddos!
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD SWAP (drop off beginning 10/9)
- Healthy food by THE REAL MEAL
- RAFFLES including the "Everything You Need for a Baby" grand prize!
- Half of our proceeds from the event will be donated to Little Essentials.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD SWAP
• We welcome maternity to 6 yrs. clothing and baby gear in good to great condition (no tears, not damaged, no stains, working properly if gear).
• Please drop-off 10/9 - 10/26 during Birth Day Presence business hours (Monday and Friday 10am-12pm in SoHo, and Tuesday-Thursday 10am-5pm in Park Slope) or on 10/28 at BAX.
• Leftover items will be donated to Little Essentials – a community-based organization that provides clothing and gear for local families in need.