As a mom-on-the-go, I also love to eat a few snacks during the day to sustain my energy. Fruit and nuts are great but I also love having compact snacks like a nutrition bar. I recently had the opportunity to try several flavors from SOYJOY featuring its new baked recipe, and after sampling their 100% soy and all-fruit bars I think I'??ve found a new snack to keep me going throughout the day.
We all know that eating healthy throughout the day is the best way to feel good, be alert and not have an uncomfortable rumbling in your tummy. Available in six delicious flavors (banana, blueberry, strawberry, berry, apple walnut, and mango coconut), the health-conscious nerd that I am was excited to learn that SOYJOY is made from 100% whole soy with non-genetically modified soybeans - not soy protein isolate where only part of the bean are used, thus some of the nutrients are lost.
I really enjoyed the banana and blueberry SOYJOY bars that were bursting with rich flavors and packed with fiber, iron, protein, omega-6 and 3, fiber, antioxidants and minerals - making it easy not to miss some of the unhealthier post 4pm snack choices. The bars are also great for kids since they contain no trans fats, hydrogenated oils, artificial flavors or colors - just simple ingredients that you can pronounce and feel comfortable about passing along to your children.
SOY JOY Fun Facts:'?¨
- All bars contain 130-140 calories, 4 grams of protein, and 2-4 grams of fiber. '?¨'?¨
- SOYJOY is the only bar made with real fruit and whole soy.'?¨'?¨
- Soybeans are the highest quality protein source of any plant-based food.
- SOYJOY is made with non-genetically modified (non-GMO) soybeans.'?¨'?¨
- SOYJOY is completely free of trans fats, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, chemical additives and isolated soy protein'?¨'?¨.
Serena Norr is a NYC-based writer/editor, soup-maker, and more importantly, a mama. You can read more soup recipes on her blog: seriouslysoupy.blogspot.com. Momtrends was not paid for this post. We did get samples to test.