Health is important for both me and my daughters. I have always had issues with cavities, and unfortunately I have passed that on to my daughter, who at only five, has had four already. I know, it's awful but I am blaming this one on genetics. Since we don't have great teeth, I have to be extra vigilant when it comes to oral care, which can be a challenge with my daughter who also doesn't love to brush her teeth. With all of these challenges with our teeth, I was thrilled when I learned all about Listerine's 21-Day Challenge. Through this challenge my family and I will be using various products from Listerine including the Listerine Antiseptic mouthwash twice a day for 30 seconds that is designed to promote healthier gums in two weeks or 9 times healthier gums in four weeks.
I am not alone in my tooth woes, as I recently learned that brushing alone misses 75% of your mouth, so it is also critical to floss regularly and rinse twice a day with a therapeutic mouthwash like Listerine Ultraclean to achieve superior oral health. In addition to incorporating Listerine into our oral care routine, I have been learning more the best oral care tips for kids.
Oral Care for Kids:
- Go back to basics: Teach your child the fundamentals of good oral hygiene and explain why it's just as important as washing their hands to protect against germs.
- Show Don't Tell: Inspire your family to practice good oral hygiene by flossing daily and brushing and rinsing with them twice a day.
- Clean to the beat: Brushing, flossing and rinsing are all rhythmic activities. Play their favorite music to help kids enjoy oral care routines. On average, brushing should last two minutes and rinsing with a fluoride rinse for 60 seconds.
- Let's Kids Decide: Give the kids the freedom to make decisions. Identify the best toothbrushes, toothpastes and floss. They come in a variety of colors - allow kids to select their favorite and keep the bathroom stocked.
More facts about oral health:
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
- Millions of children are suffering and experiencing pain so severe, it affects their ability to eat, sleep and learn.
- It doesn?t just affect children either, as nearly half of American adults also suffer from some form of periodontal (gum) disease and may not even know it.4 It is an early form of gum disease and is usually painless, but if left untreated, it can lead to even more serious oral health problems like the loss of soft tissue, bone and teeth.
- As many as 130 million Americans lack dental insurance, including more than 15.4 million children.
- More than 51 million school hours and 164 million work hours are lost each year due to dental disease, leading to increased educational disparities and decreased productivity.
We celebrated the kick-off with celebrity Ginnifer Goodwin (love her cute outfit) who took the first swish that raised $21,000 for the Oral Health America's Smiles Across America program. The beauty of this fun challenge is that everyone can sign up and if you don't feel the difference, Listerine will give you your money back. The program is also not only for your own oral health, but they will continue to help through the Oral Health America?s Smiles Across America® program. In fact, for every person who signs up for the challenge on Facebook, the Listerine Brand will make a contribution to toward their goal of connecting up to 210,000 children with needed oral health services in 2013.
SIGN UP TODAY! Your Mouth will thank you - https://www.facebook.com/listerine/
Disclosure: ?I received products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.?