What's holding you back from starting to keep your promise to yourself to workout? School is back in session and the weather is nice. I think it's the perfect time to ramp up your routine to include working out. Remember: Working out isn't selfish. When you are a fit mom, you are a better mom.
Common Complaints of Busy Moms:
I don't have time
I don't like working out
I don't have money to join a gym
Tips for Fitting in Workouts
- Make a Schedule: Do you have a lot on your plate? I feel your pain. The key is to make time. In my book Mom Boss, I love this tip from Nina Restieri the CEO of MomAgenda. She schedules her workouts in on Sunday night and puts them all on the calendar.
- Get a Partner: I have two sets of running partners and I have started to run with my tween daughters. When exercise becomes social you forget how hard you are working. Find a pal to sign up for yoga classes with you, wrangle a co-worker into taking a spin class with you. Trust me, sweating with pals is fun. For those of you who don't like working out, my advice is find a workout partner.
- Go Online: Now for the no money complaint. There are a jillion workout videos on YouTube (check out our arm workout here) and you can walk just about anywhere especially since the weather is still warm. Many videos don't require gear or much expertise.
Best Anti-Aging Hair Care Products
I have always had a thick mane of wild, wavy hair. It bugged me when I was younger because I forever tried to tame it into a blowout on my own instead of owning my waves. I typically save blowouts for the professionals now and go with my natural texture at home, haha! That being ...read more
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
Now that we've addressed the BIG 3 issues, tell me: What's holding you back?
MORE FITNESS IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Tips for Taking the Tough Mudder 5K Challenge
- Essentials to help you create an at home yoga sanctuary
- Online yoga options for stay at home workouts
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.
This is a not a sponsored post.