This Halloween there is a lot of glam going on in the Momtrends house. The girls, 8 and 5, picked their outfits a month ago. This week we had a costume dry-run complete with hairstyling. We wanted to make sure everything was perfect for all the parties and spooky fun on the 31st.
Last night we had a Pantene hair playdate after the bath and shampoo, the girls and I got to play hair salon. Because a good costume needs great supporting details. Regular hair isn't nearly as much fun as a specific, special do.”
First up was my curly haired girl. She’s going to be a witchy-princessy vision on the 31st. So for her we decided to work with her natural texture and go for wavy, beachy hair that looks like she might just have arrived on broomstick.
Steps for beachy curls:
- We applied Pantene Pro-V Stylers Extra Strong Hold Mousse to damp, towel-dried hair.
- We let her hair air dry a bit
- Added a few colored pins to pull the hair off of her face
- Finished smoothing any flyaways with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Texturizing Sculpting Wax
- A shot of Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray finished off the look
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
My older girl has pin-straight hair. We opted for a chic bun for her Hollywood glam costume.
Steps for a glam bun:
- We applied Pantene Pro-V Stylers All-In-One Styling Balm to give the hair a smooth, sleek look.
- When hair was still damp, we gathered into a ponytail and secured with an elastic.
- Using a bun-making tool, we wrapped the ponytail over the velvet-covered bun wrap and twisted it into a bun
- Next, we secured the bun with bobby pins.
- To hold it all in place, use Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Extra Strong Hold Hairspray.
Two special looks for my little ladies. They had a fabulous time getting ready and playing hair salon with me. I’m planning on my annual cat costume (ponytail with car ears and a little black eyeliner whiskers!), we do like to get into the spirit. Here they are ready for the big day!
Here's what we used to create these looks:
This is a sponsored post.