This Halloween there is a lot of glam going on in the Momtrends house. The girls, 8 and 5, picked their outfits a month ago. This week we had a costume dry-run complete with hairstyling. We wanted to make sure everything was perfect for all the parties and spooky fun on the 31st.
Last night we had a Pantene hair playdate after the bath and shampoo, the girls and I got to play hair salon. Because a good costume needs great supporting details. Regular hair isn't nearly as much fun as a specific, special do.”
First up was my curly haired girl. She’s going to be a witchy-princessy vision on the 31st. So for her we decided to work with her natural texture and go for wavy, beachy hair that looks like she might just have arrived on broomstick.
Steps for beachy curls:
- We applied Pantene Pro-V Stylers Extra Strong Hold Mousse to damp, towel-dried hair.
- We let her hair air dry a bit
- Added a few colored pins to pull the hair off of her face
- Finished smoothing any flyaways with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Texturizing Sculpting Wax
- A shot of Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray finished off the look
Lessons I've Learned Traveling to Sebasco Resort Maine
When you think of a summer getaway to Maine, it’s likely you are envisioning something akin to the Sebasco Harbor resort. Tucked along Maine’s rocky coastline, this family-style resort has been hosting families for nearly 100 years. If you're ready to travel, take a look at the ...read more
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
My older girl has pin-straight hair. We opted for a chic bun for her Hollywood glam costume.
Steps for a glam bun:
- We applied Pantene Pro-V Stylers All-In-One Styling Balm to give the hair a smooth, sleek look.
- When hair was still damp, we gathered into a ponytail and secured with an elastic.
- Using a bun-making tool, we wrapped the ponytail over the velvet-covered bun wrap and twisted it into a bun
- Next, we secured the bun with bobby pins.
- To hold it all in place, use Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Extra Strong Hold Hairspray.
Two special looks for my little ladies. They had a fabulous time getting ready and playing hair salon with me. I’m planning on my annual cat costume (ponytail with car ears and a little black eyeliner whiskers!), we do like to get into the spirit. Here they are ready for the big day!
Here's what we used to create these looks:
This is a sponsored post.