We workout to keep our bodies young and strong. We use lotion and sunscreen to fight wrinkles and other signs of aging. But what about the hair? Did you know Pantene has been putting their researchers to work finding way to turn back the clock with your hair?
This month I joined an elite group on bloggers to spread the word about Pantene Age Defy. Pantene Scientists partnered with Olay’s anti-aging experts to get to the root of women’s aging hair and developed Pantene’s first and only line of anti-aging hair care products to fight multiple signs of hair aging. We all signed on the use the products (I've been using them for a full year--so I've really seen the benefits) and share our experiences.
It's December and that means a ton of parties. I think hair is a great accessory. Great hair can make an old dress look new and make you feel fabulous even if you are exhausted. For my special treat, I worked with Glam Squad for some Pantene pre-party pampering. We hosted a party for 75 guests last week and I wanted to look fabulous. As I waited for the rentals, flowers, caterers, etc, I was able to also treat myself to a fancy hairstyle.
Before the party and for the past year, I used the Pantene AgeDefy Shampoo ($8.99) and the Pantene AgeDefy Conditioner ($8.99). The products deliver. The shampoo contains a light blend of three powerful polymers that deposits protective ingredients along the hair fiber to evenly shield the more fragile structure from damage (note: it works great on color-treated hair like mine). My favorite product in the line is the conditioner. It's designed to fights multiple signs of both intrinsic and extrinsic hair aging. Pantene says the conditioner:
Prevents split ends
Controls unruly grays
Minimizes lackluster color
For me the main pluses are preventing split ends, controlling unruly grays, and adding in more shine, moisture and radiance.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
GLAMSQUAD arrived to give me a fabulous "do." GLAMSQUAD is an on-demand, in-home, New York-based blowout service that sends stylists straight to you. Getting ready was so much fun. I had delivers coming in all day long, If they hadn't come to me, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to visit a salon for something special. The house looked fabulous and so did the hair!
We captured the experience in this fun video:
We want you to be inspired to get your own fabulous hair. Here are tips from Pantene Celebrity Stylist Danilo:
1. Enhance your approach when it comes to your hair style or look. A great haircut and a good hair color, preferably one with the least amount of chemicals, is sure to take years off your look.
2. Longer hair on older women can sometimes make faces appear elongated – as we age, we are fighting gravity and this goes for hair too! Older heads of hair look great with short, geometric cuts. These styles may sound risky to some, but I find that these dramatic looks can be refreshing and make women look younger as opposed to keeping their longer locks.
3. Using anti-aging hair products, such as Pantene Pro-V Age Defy doesn’t necessarily mean you’re losing your hair or addressing a sometimes taboo issue. This collection can be used as a preventative measure to keep you looking and feeling confident about your hair every day.
4. The Pantene Pro-V Age Defy Daily Thickening Treatment is such a great product because it has cumulative benefits. Not only does this product thicken the diameter of hair strands, making hair appear fuller, but it can also be used as a root lifter. It’ll leave hair softer and shinier which will make you look younger.
5. You should start any hair style with a clean base, so be sure to use the Pantene Pro-V Age Defy Shampoo and Conditioner regimen in conjunction with the rest of the Age Defy collection for maximum benefits. Using the entire collection together will give you hair that’s soft, touchable and shiny.
6. Sweeping hair away from your face is a great way to look 10 years younger. Pulling hair away from the face is great way to expose your facial features. Add a small side braid, starting at the temples, to incorporate into the ponytail to add a fun, youthful detail. This will also gently pull the eye area back, giving you an instant eye lift!
7. Want to create a youthful looking ponytail? Instead of using an elastic, pull large pieces of hair to one side of your head and pin them loosely behind your ear. This will make your crown look fuller and thicker. This also pulls hair away from the face to expose your neck and collarbone to make you feel sexy and youthful. To take this style from day to night, loosely pin the remaining “ponytail” up to look like a beautiful, full side bun. Allowing pieces to fall out will create an effortless, elegant look.
8. For a voluptuous, playful look, pull hair from your temples to the back of your head, including your bangs, and loosely pin it at the back of your crown. Sweeping the bangs back from the face creates a fuller style that’s sure to make you look younger.
Win it! We're sharing a fabulous Pantene Age Defy Prize Pack. Leave a comment telling me what you would do if your hair looked ten years younger.
Full disclosure: Compensation was provided by Pantene. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Pantene.