Facts: 70% of teen girls do not believe they are good enough, and 75% of teen girls with low self-esteem report engaging in negative activities such as eating disorders, bullying, or cutting. Social media normally isn't a safe place for these vulnerable girls. Thanks to TIA Girl Club, there is a haven for girls to express themselves in a safe uplifting way.
TIA stands for "today I am" recognizing that girls are so many things and don't want to be pigeon-holed. To get the idea, you really need to check the out on Instagram here.
Started by a mom, Vanessa Schenk, TIA provides monthly "treasure boxes" shipped to girls. Each treasure Box features a TIA Trailblazer, inspiring resources, and TIA Treasures. There's also a blog and all sorts of uplifting social media. It's all about letting girls shine.
It is during the tween years (ages 8-13) when tweens experience the highest drop in their self-esteem and when they are most likely to modify their behavior to fit in, known as camouflaging. By continuing to camouflage, a tween can lose any sense of their authentic voice, and then, suddenly, it’s gone…
When you think about what to get your tweens and teens this holiday, I hope you'll consider this very special TIA box. TIA teamed up with "Trailblazer" Derek Hough for the December box. Derek inspired and curated two TIA Treasure Boxes, filled with inspirational messaging and activities aimed to encourage tweens to “find your dream and go for it with everything you’ve got!” And what's even more exciting--there's a box for boys.
Derek, who was bullied as a kid, is very passionate about TIA GIRL CLUB’s mission to keep tweens’ true authentic voices alive (and loud!) through positive words, mentors and community. "I have long been a firm believer in the power of positivity, that believing is empowering. I am honored to be able to team up with the TIA GIRL CLUB to curate a very special box and to work with them to develop their very first TIA Box for Boys. “Today I Am” is one of the most powerful phrases that we can teach young boys and girls. We can, through example, show them that there are no limits on their dreams, their aspirations or their perceptions of themselves." – Derek Hough
“YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE, THE POWER TO SEE SOMETHING IN YOUR MIND AND MAKE IT REAL.” – DEREK HOUGH
· TIA Energy Experiment – Your thoughts have power (energy!). We want you to learn that what you think can make stuff happen. Like moving wire hangers!
· TIA Handbook for Boys – TIA = Today I am! In the handbook, you’ll discover what Derek knows about using words and your inner power to live your best life!
· Poster – Everyone needs motivation to inspire them daily. Hang this poster in your bedroom and use Derek’s Rule’s for Life to remind yourself what you need to do to be the best you can be!
· The Fun Stuff! – Having fun is a part of living your best life. What’s not fun about finding some cool stuff in your box? We’ve packed this box full of awesome items for you to enjoy, all hand-picked by Derek!: Foldable Water Bottle; Drawstring backpack; Smart Gloves (wearable while using touch screen devices!); Beanie hat; Bracelet.
“MARCH TO YOUR OWN BEAT! FIGURE OUT YOUR PASSION AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE.” – DEREK HOUGH
· Express Yourself Activity – Use erasable marker to write a positive message on your mirror daily and say the message to yourself out loud! (use cloth to erase). May we suggest your first message be “TODAY I AM TAKING THE LEAD!”
· TIA Bracelet – Wear this as a reminder that you, TIA Girl, believe what you tell yourself! So, say what you want to see in your life. Only you can take the lead and create the life you want!
· TIA Trailblazer Card – It’s here you’ll read Derek’s bio and his answers to our TIA 7Q (seven questions crowd sourced from the TIA GIRLS themselves). Oh, and there’s also a super awesome photo of Derek (with his autograph!).
· TIA Inspiration Card – Derek is super encouraging and inspirational! So, display Derek’s Inspiration Card (using your stand from the TIA Welcome Kit!) and be just that: Inspired by Derek!
· TIA Poster – This is one poster you are going to want to pin to your wall. Or locker. Or bathroom mirror. Not only does Derek write you a personal letter, he shares five fun and interesting things you may not know about him.
· TIA Treasures – We want you to feel connected to Derek, he’s a TIA Trailblazer now! So we’ve included some fun items that will hopefully do just that: sleeping mask; beanie hat; headbands; stuffed animal bulldog (just like Derek’s dog, Romeo!).
We're so excited to share these boxes with you and hope you'll give them to a girl or boy who deserves to shine!
For more great gifts, visit our 2016 Gift Guide
This is not a sponsored post.